Why do some people have 0 respect

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Aphrodite549, Nov 11, 2016.

1. So in the UK today is Remembrance Day. On this day people wear poppies and have a minute of silence from 10:58am-11am depending on where you are. To pay respect to the soldiers who died during the World Wars.

So at my university Cafe we all did this apart from a scumbag people. There was one guy in the group that was running his poo trap so much during this minute of silence that someone had to scream at him to shut his trap. And then this girl had the cheek to say whilst walking past "it's not even 11 o'clock yet so why are you being quite"

I don't understand how people think that they're so important that cannot shut their trap for 60 seconds to pay respects to people who sacrificed their life so we could have a better future. Because if we didn't win the war, I bet that 80% of us wouldn't even be alive to this day as He shall not be named (His name is bypass so yeah) only wanted blonde hair, blue eyes. I hope bad karma comes to those people I swear cause they're complete and utter scum. The worst part of it all is that my friend who isn't from the UK and didn't know what Remembrance Day was even sat their in silence. After the minute of silence I explained it to her.

It just amazes me how some people have 0 respect for others. Alive or dead.

2. Some people are just plain ignorant and don't give a crap about others......there's a lot of those types of people here on the forums. No doubt soon they'll start posting their smart ass comments

3. Sadly true.

4. Oh. I woke up at 12. I gave the moment of silence ?

5. I work in construction and one thing we always do is down tools and have the radio on in the background as they play the last post and have the minute silence. This year though we had foreigners on our site and they totally disrespected the silence and were yapping away. I didn't get angry though, it's just that some ppl are ignorant to what happened and what we were doing or they're just scum and don't appreciate the freedom they have. Either way the majority of the ppl do the right thing and you can't cater for the minority.

6. Couldn't have said it better tbh

7. It's not your problem
    So why do you care?

8. The bus stopped loving at a stop and turned off for the silence thing....people got off because they wanted to run to lectures*...I didn't.know what to do so I just sat and watches through the one minute silence