Just a little rant thing

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Oliver_Kirk, Jul 5, 2016.

1. I get what people mean when they say "America was never great", they mean the history of systematic oppression and actions taken on by the government.

But what makes America great isn't the government and its actions.

What makes America great is the spirit in many people to genuinely help others out in times of need, what makes America great is the vast amounts of land in National Parks and the breathtaking scenes you can get in those places.

What makes America great is that while we might not be "completely free", we are much more free than most countries in the world.

What makes America great is just that - what makes America great. What doesn't make America great is what needs to be made great. Not with some politician, but with us. We the People.

That's all. Hope everyone had a great 4th 

2. Everyone helps everyone in times of need
    So everyone is great
    And when everyone is great
    No one is

3. all lies. america sucks. i mean have u seen L.A. and there isn't nearly as much forests and nature as there should be. and do u know how many species has gone exstinced because of Americans. i mean have ya ever heard of "American buffalos"? oh wait... they're all dead. and 80% of Americans are Christian... ever read the line in the bible "thou shall not kill" well guess what ya killed mills. so what i am saying is... F*** AMERICA

4. America is great, but it's all really opinions. But something we can all agree on is higher education.

5. you grew up on American education, right?
    then you must mean "edumacation" cause there's no such thing as "education" in America.

7. Uhhh... none of this is true. I went to a bunch of national parks in June, and trust me, there are thousands upon thousands of acres of fresh nature across America that are absolutely breathtaking.

And.... "American buffalo" are "American bison", and they're not extinct at all, not even that close to it. I have a video of them crossing the freaking road in front of my car while I was going through Custer State Park. They're in a lot of places out west, so - yeah, not extinct.

We...killed...mills? What? Did you mean something else?

But yeah, of course you won't find nature in huge cities, but it's plennnty of other places, and - "buffalo", aka, bison, aren't extinct.

:)

8. Blah didn't read but op is a scud too long.

9. Decent country. Great military. Kinda self-absorbed sometimes and highly opinionated. I like the diversity. Great at entertainment. Burgers. Really wish they fix the education system so that students there aren't in debt all the time. Love the lyrics to your anthem. Happy Independence day to you guys!

10. If you're choosing one tiny phrase from the bible that controdicts itself, then you really need to read the entire thing itself.  The bible is so full of controdictions that you can hardly use that as an excuse to trash American. Also, "nearly as many", not much. Just saying, just because poorly opinionated people don't think America is great, doesn't mean it isn't. What's not great is greedy presidents, running it to the ground. America and its people however, are fantastic.

11. I feel like we should let the purge be real

12. Yes please

13. America?how bias is ata?only on Independence Day that there is special box thingy and 2x cat/kini?bias apes.Potatuh is gold

14. buffalo are not bison. look it up.

15. if you think im ever reading the bible... then you need to check into an asylum.

16. Let's be real now, a vast majority of the people are not fantastic. And presidents have very little power. It's mostly greedy corporations ruining everything.

17. We should just invade every other country so they shut up ?

18. lol

19. ...

20. Pretty sure that's what we've been doing. Slowly but surely.