Chemistry

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 44-MagicalKilljoyRani-44, Nov 4, 2015.

1. ok tbh I wouldn't normally make this (or a thread in general) but im rather screwed and yeah. but ah, if any of you guys understand chemistry - more specifically mole calculations - pls help (there's no point in ranting "do it on your own" bc ive been trying that nd achieved nothing in the past hour oops).

ok so ah the first question is:
    Aluminium is extracted from aluminium oxide as shown. Calculate the mass of aluminium that can be formed from 1020g of aluminium oxide.
    formula — AL2O3 --> 2 AL 3 O2
    (numbers in first half are supposed to be small, whereas the first 2 n 3 in the latter half are meant to be big. i think anyway)

also yeah this thread's fairly useless, but im panicking n screwed so oh well. ??

2. im just wondering what the formula is so then i can do the rest of the questions based around that ))

3. Dang, I use to be amazing at Chem but for some reason I can't recall this at all.

4. Ok I just remembered. So, all you do is set up a proportional statement.

Grams of the substance/moles of the substance = molar mass of the substance in grams/one mole

5. is there any way if you get chance you could show/explain how you do it w/ that question in particular? sorry! idek i just suck at chemistry, but if so ill just like substitute the formula for the rest of the worksheet. it's cool if not tho — ty!

6. You remembered that google.com was just a few finger presses away?

7. Damn, you caught me...but upon seeing it, I did start to remember it lol.

8. Gimme a bit and I'll see what I can do

9. Ok, so every time I worked it out the answer just didn't seem right so I think I'm probably doing it wrong. The best thing I could suggest now is contact your professor or teacher and see what they have to say about it. Or hope someone better than me comes along to elaborate better :lol: sorry I couldn't have been more help

10. ah ok. thanks anyway !!  tbh it's my bad, i left it a bit late (due tomorrow n almost 12 am now whoops). ill just wing it n guess a bit ahah

11. I remember this from 10th grade. Sadly, I still have no idea how to do this or how I passed this class. Good luck.

12. I think its (1020g of Al2O3 / molar mass of Al2O3) x (ratio of Al / ratio of Al2O3) x (Molar mass of Al) = Amount of Al formed in grams

13. for any issue email support@athinkingape.com, include your username, game you play, and the issue.
    remember, send one message and wait dont spam

14. Easy Guys!

15. Limiting Reagents haha easy stuff

16. More like stoic...

17. oo yeah that sounds right. how do ya do the ratio part though?

18. I just solved it. :cool: I'm such a nerd

19. ahh please tell me?  aha