I'm curious about if there is a term for this ...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GrandMaster-Dan, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Well, I've been searching through search engines and have not found an answer/term/word for this ...

Is there a word or phrase for agnostics who believe that deity(s) exist but don't give a single care about humans, the earth, or any other creation in the universe any more than another?

2. i didnt understand that in first place

3. Alien enthusiests

This is my guess.

4. Yeah.
    A racist great grandmother.

5. ? so few people would know such a term, though it probably doesn't exist

6. Weirdos :lol:

7. Isn't an agnostic someone who isn't certain whether or not deities exist in the first place? So if they do believe it exists, then aren't they no longer agnostic?

9. A friend has told me to look up deism which is close ...

10. Agnostic theism , maybe?

11. I believe that classical deism is close to what you are talking about. It refers to the believe that the natural world has enough evidence to support the assertion of a single Creator.However, that this omniscient Creator is "cold". That is it does not intervene in the natural behavior of the created world.

The idea of this falling under the umbrella of atheism comes from the classical and Christian theorists. Even though diesm is not a lack of believe in a Creator.

12. Thanks, I'm trying to simply be able to bring terms into what I believe in. It is hard to classify everything because there are so many elements to it.

Basically, classical deism, pantheism, polytheism, there is a polar opposites theory in there, and perhaps afterlife would be based off/closely related to one of the Native American tribe beloved.

13. Someone who is so stupid that they think gods are actually living things that are "concrened" for anything in particular. You can call it a theist. Mono or pagan. But none of these really ring true.
    We don't even have 2 words for theists who believe that gods have physical bodies and those who think they're entirely metaphorical and it doesn't matter if they take a physical form or not.
    Like. For me personally. If a deity had a body. It would just be an alien

14. I definitely understand your struggle. I personally believe in science, the big bang, and evolution. However, there are appeals and theories and beliefs that I find appealing in other, more belief based religions as well. The trick is to find what appeals to your beliefs, and to find how you interpret and understand it. You might make an example of Buddhism and the concept of reincarnation. Whole a Buddhist might view this through the lenses of Karma, and you soul returning in a new form. I see this as the reusing of molecules, compounds, and organic matter. So that what you are in this life, is in turn used to create new life.
    Religion and belief does not need to be about lables and fitting into an outdated mold. Instead it is about 'Ultimate Concern'; what you value most in your life and not only the way it shapes your actions, but your view of the universe as well.

Just my 2 cents worth. :D

15. Valentinian Gnostics and Cathars believed the god of the Bible, Yahweh, was a jealous and vain being who fancied himself the true god but is only a caretaker of the material world. The true god, Ain Soph (limitless light) is a disinterested transcendent intellect that exists beyond all ability to be understood.

16. Very difficult to understand, but you be you ?

17. in one word its called ego i think :?

18. Burn from markins

19. Yes!!!! Its called

A thinking ape brahh

20. Hail hydra!!!!!