May is Lupus Awareness Month

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -BAD-Kryssie-THE_SL0RIE_MAID, May 6, 2014.

1. I will say your brave for making it known and strong for continuing to go on. For people like us who have had their own demise told to them or known it should have happened life is harder after that. I will pray for you every time I pray for my family and myself, which is a lot. Your more than welcome in my club and pm anytime. We all need a friend who understands. In fact your encouraged to be there. God bless you. Ill be posting my purple hearts for you and others too.

2. my friend was diagnosed with lupus....but then later on died

3. My mom has a lupus... I used to make fun of serious stuff. But I learned the hard way. I've done wrong in my life and I've hurted her while she was sick. You'll be in my prayers

4. That sounds awful. Stay strong.

5.  I like you kryssie, I can take care of you in anyway possible if you just allow me 

6. purple hearts for everyone ty for making us all aware about lupus one day at a time

7.  ???

8.  thank you everyone for your support! It means so much to me and fellow warriors.

9. Hope your okay, I'll send some prayers

10.  My dad has SLE.. It's screwed with his hypothalamus, which regulates body temperature, and he also has horrible skin lesions.. It's an awful thing to see him wasting away, knowing there's no cure, or even an effective way to manage symptoms..

Being the fact that it can be genetic and affects women more than men, I've been checked for it too.. The fact it's difficult to diagnose is quite scary..

I really feel for you, lovely, and I hope your friends and family support you to stay strong 

11.  thanks love and yes! I don't have the physical skin lesions but it's wearing away at my organs. It is very scary that there is no cure and even not scary because it's so difficult to diagnose. I was officially dx in 2012 and only because of my history, ANA, and other bold tests along with organ involvement. I've been since dxd with reynauds, sjogren's, and fibromyalgia as well as HS which is another skin autoimmune. I pray that one day I can say hey there is now a cure to lupus and not just oh another med for treatment. I send many spoons to you and your family!!!