HandBall Legend 

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by _____MarshyMallowz_____, Jan 21, 2012.

1.  Team Handball  is a sport which is kind of like water polo on a basketball court. It is fast, physical and fun. 

Team handball is the second most popular sport in Europe (behind soccer), but is little known in North America. 

The modern game actually
    grew out of three sports that were developed, independently, in three different European countries:
    The Czech hazena,
     The Danish handbold, and
     The German Torball.

All  were based on soccer, but essentially replaced the foot with the hand, so that the ball could be advanced by batting or throwing, rather than by kicking. 

 Team handball has been described as a combination of soccer, basketball, and ice hockey like water polo on land.

The object is to score by throwing or hitting an inflated ball into a goal. A player can move the ball by dribbling it, as in basketball; by hitting it with any part of the body above the knee; or by throwing it. 

Only the goalkeeper is allowed to kick the ball. 
    The reverse of soccer, where all other players have to kick the ball and only the goalkeeper is allowed to handle and throw it.

It's against the rules  to carry the ball for more than three steps or to hold it for more than three seconds.

Shots on goal must be taken from outside the goal circle, an area in which only the goaltender is allowed.

 Minor violations of the rules allow a team a free throw, which is an unhindered pass to a teammate, usually from a spot near where the foul was committed. Penalty throws at the goal, awarded for more serious infractions, are taken from a mark just outside the goal circle.

For men's teams, either 11-player or 7-player, a game is made up of two 30-minute halves. Youths play 25-minute halves.

Now i know! 

2. We play it in gym class, I live in North Carolina (WoopWoop)
    
    Its quite fun if you ask me, also it is easy once you get the hang of it.
    Only hands
    No Feet

3. HANDBALL!!!!! 

4. Handball?

o.o

I have got to suggest this to my PE teacher and laugh as all my male classmates fail at this game while I watch from the sidelines. 8)

5. FunFunFunFunFun

Lets go play
    HAND BALL

6. Damn, thanks for this! I just joined my new school and it's compulsory to have a CCA. I picked my first choice as Handball, but I still don't know the rules of the game yet 

7. I played wall ball o_o
    When i was a kid..... If that counts.

8. Glenn, YUNOCHOOSEDODGEBALL?!

9. What's Dodgeball?

The only "ball" CCAs in my school are Softball, Handball, Rugby...

And yes I said "ball" CCAs on purpose 

10. 8:15 - Germany : Serbia

11. mallowz thanks! currently the European Handball Championships in Belgrade, watch the incredible!

12. Sounds weird, but cool!

13. I have seen people play a variation to this (I am guessing) because they said it was hand ball. But they were throwing the ball against a brick wall back and forth kinda.