Gtfo SOPA and PIPA.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NinzSizzle, Jan 18, 2012.

1. I can't believe Wiki was censored 

2. You guys they can't censor facebook it makes alot of money

3. Wikipedia wasn't censored.

They are currently doing a 24 hour blackout, to raise awareness of SOPA.

It's part of the movement against SOPA, and from what I've heard, it's made 2 (or was it three) of the original co-sponsors of SOPA back out on the whole thing.

[GO WIKIPEDIA!]

4. That's ruins the point of the Constitution

5. If the bill is passed, it will be legal for the government or individuals to sue Facebook. If Facebook is sued, it can no longer host advertisements. Which means Facebook will no longer be making [as much] money.

As impossible as it seems, Facebook can be censored.

And Duude, thats what I was thinking too. But apparently the constitution no longer matters in this whole thing.

6. ^lulz.

The future of mankind? (x

7. Oh wait pco and acta are laws saying that laws who signed treaties with America.... Let's just say sopa and pipa well effect them as well

8. Yea... Hmm I got my parents to sign

But really? Wiki down? I have a report due tomorrow 

9. Pco and acta are international laws...

10. Man I slaughtered it

11. I think earlier, Iran or Iraq wanted to censor the Internet.. Congress was against it.

Now look at them.

12. Ahaah, I think you should practice what you preach.

Although today someone told me that Obama would veto the bill even if it went through.. Is that true?

13. And yeah, ACTA is international... Never heard of PCA though..

14. All this act is is basically corporate censorship to increase profits, I heard about this last year when it first happened and I was appalled by the naivety that the American government has, if they think the rest of the world will sit there while they destroy half of the Internet then they are wrong

15. ^Yes.

Except the FBI killed Megaupload and Megavideo today...

THE INTERNET APOCALYPSE IS STARTING.

16. They killed it?