THE BLACK LIVES MATTER MOVEMENT

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by PhantastiC, Jun 5, 2020.

1. BECAUSE ITS A FIXED AGENDA

2. I think ATA has the power to make a statement like when hurricane harvey happened, I rememeber that the money bought from DNS was donated to relief teams, but as someone said this is a very huge controversial topic that they probs don’t want to lose people/money even though they have a huge platform to educate/spread awareness. I am all for BLM & I hope things do start changing. I also think people higher up should be listening to the people because that’s what good leaders do, but because of the rioting/looting they are more worried about that. :/

3. Support 100%✊🏾

I loathe performance activism, and our lives are not a trend (to the bandwagoners), but if it takes undeniable proof, and the influence of the internet to get people fired up enough to use their voices on ANY platform to speak out against racism and injustice, so be it.

Black lives have always mattered and it's about time you started noticing and speaking up, no matter the place!

4. This is false. BLM leaders in multiple chapters have stressed the importance of peaceful protests. There have been outlines for change since 2013. Clearly defined goals have been present on their websites even internationally. Most of the people promoting the BLM links have never even visited the website until recently, so I am not surprised at all that they don't know about this. BLM has always called on people to report misinformation and disinformation so that they could address it directly. The movements' leadership took an online passion, turned it into a tangible cause, and put in on the ground in multiple cities, in multiple countries, across the globe. What movement that you have started has come close to that? Please know what you are talking about before you speak.

Ellyse, PhantastiC and Muschi like this.
  5. I used to dislike Julie ... but she talks a lot of sense!

LetsGoBrandon likes this.
  6. As a POC I support protests, speaking out, collaborative efforts to letting your voice be heard etc. In terms of the destruction of your own city, people’s jobs, sources of incomes, stealing, gang violence.. that’s where I draw the line. Of course this is my personal opinion and whether or not people agree with me is solely their decision. However, using the military as an example of violence is a bit petty considering they are fighting for the rights of Americans.. Americans of allllll colors. Ok bye

Opioid2, JerusaIem, Medic and 3 others like this.
  7. Hey look at us agreeing like grownups! Damn we've gotten old

8. Lmao you think the military is fighting for ppls rights

Ellyse and Muschi like this.
  9. I do, whether that is what they do or not, it’s what they are meant for and I happen to support them :) (not denying that there may be some who abuse power)

Opioid2, JerusaIem, Medic and 2 others like this.
  10. All lives matter

11. [​IMG]

12. The military is not meant to "fight for rights," it's to terrorize other countries and spread fascism. That goes for every country's military but particularly the american one since they unnecessarily occupy many countries in modern day

Muschi likes this.
  13. I swear this gets brung up every year and it still confuses me

14. Totally support that and I'm sure that ATA will do something about that
    #BLMđź’•

15. Nope.. ALL LIVES MATTER.. doesn't matter what color you are. I'm against this whole thing.

16. We occupy other countries to keep chaos from spilling over onto US soil.

Team America World Police! FĹ«ck yeah!

Opioid2 likes this.
  17. Imagine missing the point this hard.

IckyVicky, Day and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  18. [​IMG]

19. Yawn. So brave supporting a cause that everyone else does. Muppets.

20. “Spread Facism” what in the actual f. Lmao, what is it with people throwing around that term. I suggest doing a bit more research. Well, a lot more.