Pay Attention

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by Trendsetting, May 2, 2020.

1. I feel like this was very aggressively, unintentionally insulting people with actual mental disabilities... have a seat, drink some lemonade šŸ™Š

2. No, you have a seat.

This has nothing to do with mental disabilities. Don't twist my words. I'm coming at the negativity retards not the mentally disabled.

3. Not intentionally, of course.

But by making a comparison and equating them, you are actually degrading both, not only your target.

iTheRabbitTabbit and Muschi like this.
  4. Are you implying that your opinion matters? Lol

Muschi likes this.
  5. I'm implying that every opinion is just an opinion

6. If you like to complain to other people about how bad their english is then this sentence is should also be up there

7. Given his intelligence, it's amazing that he can even write a few complete sentences tbh

8. Well then IQ is irrelevant. The level of intelligence of the person giving the opinion doesnā€™t change the fact that itā€™s still an opinion so what point are you trying to make here

skyyward-ace and Muschi like this.
  9. Okay let me remind you... retards is an offensive word to use to insult someone but it also means someone whoā€™s brain and cognitive function is slower than others. To use it in such a context, in such a way to call people dumb, it makes it sound really rude not only to your target, but to people with actual disabilities. So Iā€™m gonna tell you again, take a seat and have some lemonade.šŸ¹

10. "Complain" is a strong suggestion.

11. If that's the case why do you care?

12. I'm not calling them dumb. "Dumb" would be too generous.

If you want to take anything I've stated out of context and get sensitive over it, go ahead.

So again, no thank you, take your own advice.

13. Well I donā€™t exactly think I took it out of context... I mean itā€™s an offensive term in any context, but I mean if you wanna be offensive thatā€™s on you. Btw Iā€™m already taking my own advice, my lemonade is tasty. šŸ˜‹

14. People can find whatever they want offensive. I have no intentions of being offensive, but if they take it out of context, it doesn't bother me.

15. Okay so lemme get this straight... you think I took your words out of context. I said you were using a specific offensive word to call people dumb. But thatā€™s not what you were doing because dumb is ā€œtoo generousā€. So is retard a whole other level of stupid? Because that would make it even more offensive. So the comment you made aggressively insulting people using the word retard, that wasnā€™t the context? If thatā€™s the case then whatā€™s the context?

Muschi likes this.
  16. Go in son

17. It's a free country. You can get offended, you can be mad, you can self identify as any emotion you want tbh. It doesn't matter. You can go on and on, but what good is it doing you?

18. Itā€™s rude. I have a cousin who is mentally retarded. His mom passed away from cancer about 9 years ago so it is especially hard for him. Iā€™m not telling you that Iā€™m offended, Iā€™m telling you to stop being offensive. Iā€™ve had so many problems with this because of ignorant people who arenā€™t sensitive about what they say, especially on the internet. And it isnā€™t only with this word, Iā€™ve come across a lot of racism and discrimination in this manner too. I just want to tell you that when youā€™re sharing your opinion on a public platform, you should be more thoughtful of how it affects others. Hereā€™s a link to an article you should read: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/2012/10/stop-saying-retarded/amp

19. They have literally nothing to do with this. The world doesn't revolve around you or what you want. If you find my comments offensive, you should probably... not pay attention to me

20. Iā€™m talking about people with mental disabilities as a whole, not just my cousin. I never implied that the world revolves around me. Youā€™re the one who is using offensive terms and dismissing it like itā€™s nothing. Now Iā€™m trying to tell you that by using the word retarded to compare someone youā€™re trying to insult to a community of people with actual mental disabilities is rude. You use it as an insult, when it is a medical condition. Click on the article that I linked, it tells you exactly why youā€™re wrong. Grow up and stop being insensitive. By the way, your thread is named pay attention. šŸ˜’