STORY PASS A Rain Of Peach Blossoms

Discussion in 'Events' started by ATABurgerRP, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Attention! The stats of the final avatar set is 85%/85%.

A full list of the rewards you do receive are listed in the Stories Tiers and Rewards thread! Just check the last page.

Dead, iPanicAtDiscos and Jinger like this.
  2. This is a game for rich people, I think is not fair. Why you don't give a shit/ugly/poor avatar in the "free" story too?
    šŸ„ŗ

Celin, Rylai, nuwa and 2 others like this.
  3. So we need to also get the vip pass to get the avi? Yeah youā€™re never getting money out of me ever, ATA. All you care about is money!

4. As a Chinese, I just wanna say that you guys did amazing with the whole concept and attire, even the headpieces are on point! šŸ˜» That jade statue of the snake is literally what my mom would buy and place it on her table of Taoist idols if she saw one. šŸ˜¹šŸ’– Awesome work!

Aphire, iPanicAtDiscos and Muschi like this.
  5. So does the VIP pass not time out? Because it would be a waste to spend so many ECs and not be able to finish the story.

6. FAQ means Frequently Asked Questions, not Stupid Questions That Won't Give Away Our Intentions.

Here's one you should've had:
    Do I get an avatar from the cash pass?
    Nope! We've created four avis and put them all in the expensive VIP pass! Give us money!

Ooh, or this one:
    Why are you guys changing so many things so even occasional spenders feel the need to spend more often to keep up with limited time items/events that will never return?
    Money! Agagagagagag *cue Mr. Krabs laugh*

7. It times out in about 90 days. It's just an "Oh, well" thing if you don't finish.

8. Questions that need answers..
    Most companies are discounting their products/services since, ya know, people are out of work due to the fact that there's a history making Pandemic.. What does ATA do in this crisis, might you ask? Oh, just jack up their prices.. Hmm. šŸ™ˆ
    But I have to say, I am not surprised. At all. ATA keeps showing us who they are.
    Although I'm not surprised, I'm still very disappointed. PIMD is such a fun game with lots of potentia.. Too bad the company is lousy šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

9. No you wonā€™t get the avi for just the cash one found that out yesterday

10. Avatars are beautiful! I bought the vip pass, I don't really have a problem with the price but I do think the free cash pass should have at least got the first tier avi. Also making it giftable would be nice.

Celin, xo40, Ganyu14 and 3 others like this.
  11. I was really sad to find out there isn't an avi for the cash pass. It's already hard to get to the 8k drops if you're not active enough or dealing with irl cause of the pandemic. I would've LOVED to get the first tier avi from the cash pass considering 2/3 of the quests(where you have to choose) are "kind of" hard, and the collect XC comes rarely since the money ones are always up. It should be a thing where there should ALWAYS be an avi for the cash pass. You've done it before, why change now?

12. What are they talking about with the XC tiers? I'm lostšŸ˜•

13. It basically means that you need to collect rewards from that XC that amount of times. For example, if you need to collect 7 times, you could do this by making it to the 1st reward tier on the XC on 7 different versions of that XC (versions being how the XC is available at different times). Or if you collect all 3 reward tiers for an XC, you would do that for 2 versions for a total of 6 reward collections, and then you would just need to collect the 1st reward tier on the next available version. I hope this makes sense.

Dead and Vo like this.
  14. okay. second time iā€™m coming out here to complain in this thread but these changes are so fucking insane.

ur really gonna lock avis behind a paywall now? is that what weā€™re doing? last month we had monthlies u could only receive from paying with real life money, this month we can at least get one tier of the avis (which is still utter bullshit) for relatively free, and now we canā€™t even get a fucking first tier story pass avi without paying real life money; we canā€™t even pay in bentos for someone else to use their real life cash now bcos u decided u didnā€™t want to do a tradeable pass for whatever reason i donā€™t know. whats next, a $5 service fee for hunt avis?

i just made my first choice besides gender all willy nilly bcos i read that weā€™d get avis no matter what and i got the xcs one. i am not complaining over making the wrong choice, but about how fucking insane it is to require ur player base to dump this much money into such a low grade product. besides that, weā€™re not even getting a fucking avi for this cash pass! so if we want to complete a cash pass we have to spend money anyway? what the fuck? the collecting xc doesnā€™t even come up that often, and when it does i only get the first tier when iā€™m in a cat club bcos i donā€™t spend my money trying to open boxes for majority of my drops.

i donā€™t think this company is even fully aware and actually connected to the world at this point. u are not peddling to only the rich, some people out here do not have cash like this to be handing it out whenever u come out with a new product and price it at whatever floats ur boat. of course these are not necessities and itā€™s not like weā€™ll die without them, but to be pricing seemingly everything now at such prices is unfair. sometimes people have extra cash and they want to buy themselves nice things bcos everyone deserves a treat no matter their socioeconomic status, and this is taking advantage of those people by then forcing them to shell out even more so they donā€™t feel like they wasted their money. by this logic, to even have a time limit on these story passes is disgusting and shameful, and no i do not mean removing a time limit should be the grand compromise; i mean that it is pure selfishness for a game to even ask for this much from its player base in the first place. someone really needs to put this company back in its place.

15. Just found out even the cash pass doesn't give an ava. Lol.

ATA, April Fool's was a week ago.

16. Wait so you only get avis if you do the vip? Tf ata

B2147, LeeJarrett and TheMadHero like this.
  17. Yes

18. Anyone else think that ATA is sometimes so out of touch with reality when they make these decision? Like I had said in March's post, when we found out you had to spend $60 for a 60/60 stat avi, I understand this is a business. I understand that during this COVID 19 craze, they are going to have lower sales, so to compensate for low sales of the end of March and mos likely all of April, you have to increase costs or increase the number of products that require purchasing (ex: story pass, beaded avis, furni boxes, etc.), but I think this is kind of ridiculous. I again understand that most people who play this have some form of income so most people who last longer than a month are not free to play, but it's kind of ridiculous. This is a business yes, and prices inflate, that isn't what we are griping about.

What we are griping about is the clear cash grabs and lack of thought when decisions are made. I can figure most people who are either rich or have a steady cash flow, who can afford to spend a little extra won't mind, but many of us who play are on a budget who just love this game for it's creativity and customization. It's fun and I don't mind dropping $10 a month or a few $ here and there, but you are really pushing it with these last two months.

Last month you removed avis entierly from the monthly timer boxes, and for those who wanted it, they had to spend anywhere from $20-$80 to just get an avi. No EC, no BB, no champagne box, no BFF box, no DNs, nothing. Just an avi with average stats. Now you are doing a story pass thats 249 EC or relatively $25, and you have completely removed avis from tier 1. You can't gift it and you can't trade it.

Yes there are free EC offers, but for those that didn't know it, if you own an iPhone, TapJoy has removed free app opportunities. Many of these opportunities are paying based. There are a few free subscriptions, hopefully you remember to cancel prior to it charging you. if you have an android, you now have an advantage because you can do free EC offers with apps. Some require you to make an in game purchase, while others are just open it up, or play to this level and get your reward.

With COVID 19, many workers have been laid off for the time being until they can reopen their stores, or due to the lack of business, they have to lay off employees so they can pay for other things. Itā€™s kinda sad to see a price hike during this time, where many peopleā€™s escape are their phone and games like this. You have a golden opportunity ATA, create offers, like 34 EC hypnoses cats. You now have more people on the game than you will probably have in a long time because most of us are stuck at home. Think about it, this is the prime time to monopolize on so many idle hands with nothing to do. But instead you go and do something stupid. Someone with a business degree please describe supply and demand to ATA because they missed that portion in economics.

I know this rant is long, itā€™s going to mean nothing because while ATA may read it, they donā€™t heed warnings. So I guess I am just ranting for nothing, but just wanted to get this off my chest. I may even get silenced for this or hate for this, but at this point, I donā€™t care because I love this game. It gives me something to do in my free time when I donā€™t have homework, or donā€™t have a job to do. But to see something so fun with so much potential, go down the drain because people are either getting too greedy or they arenā€™t being transparent with their patrons, is just so sad. I hope they start heeding our warnings soon, otherwise, they will become another failed game.

Otherwise, I hope everyone is staying safe and staying healthy.

19. I would recommend being extremely careful if you plan to cancel during you are charged during free trial offers, as some explicitly state that doing so will ban you from using any of Tapjoy's services in the future. Make sure you read the fine print!

Aphire likes this.
  20. This pass isn't worth the price. Every other pass that game out in the last months was much better then this one right now. I mean we are paying more for the same things we got for the passes that cost 99 ecs each usually... I mean come on at least we could have gotten something extra stuff with the pass. The mask pass which took ages was even better then this one. At least we had tasks to do and got a lot of things from it.