Topic : Is the name Scar or Taka?

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by Stark, Aug 11, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

So those who have watched the promo of Lion Guard season 3 , it's got Scar's backstory and a song featuring how he got his scar. And a line in the song clearly says "Mufasa nicknamed me Scar". But the song doesn't say what Scar's real name is.

But what's clear from the song is SCAR isn't his real name.

So what do y'all think? Is the name Taka or something else?

[​IMG]

AmethystNight likes this.
  2. Lion Guard?

Stark likes this.
  3. Where’d you get taka from??

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  4. It’s Eric

5. It’s a show on Disney that’s about the son of simba

6. Never heard of this show. I, too, would like to know where you got taka from tho

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  7. From the Storybook collection - Lion King : Six New Adventures. Tells the back story of Mufasa and Scar and goes through their childhood.

AmethystNight likes this.
  8. O. Well, then maybe it is Taka. Imma still call him scar tho cuz the first disney movie is the bible as far as I am concerned.

Maddi_Matsu, Piggys24 and Stark like this.
  9. Ima still call him scar...
    It’s a dope ass name...

Piggys24 and Stark like this.
  10. Mmmm Taka rings a bell but this would have been a discovery from deep in my childhood and idk.

Why not just google it like I'm about to?

Update: "When Scar was a cub, he was called Taka."

If my memory serves, Mufasa got into a fight with Taka, Taka got that big scar on his eye, and then changed his OWN NAME in remembrance of this, solidifying himself as Mufasa's antagonist, shame, guilt, vetrayed brother, etc.

He changed his name to never forget, and to show his purpose (as names corresponding purposes is cool and sensible)

Stark likes this.
  11. It's Taka. Read the books. 💜 You get a lot of interesting family backstory the movies leave out.

Edit/ also Kovu means scar so the symbolism is real.

Stark likes this.