Bucket System

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by Sherily, Jul 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Is anyone else seeing the bucket system abused?

For example, a 126 mcs player moving misc over to an RS to hit a 28 mcs player and then quickly moving it back so the 28 mcs player gets "defender too strong" and is unable to even attempt a fail pin.

I am just curious to know if people are dropping misc to temporarily drop into lower hit ranges often, as this is the first time I have seen it.

Are there different ways the bucket system is being abused?

Kefo and Muschi like this.
  2. I never even thought about it being abused like this! Now you mention it though, I'd say it's likely keen farmers (not necessarily moral ones) have figured it out and are doing exactly that. 😣

Sloth and Sherily like this.
  3. Whoever is doing that is pathetic 💁‍♀️ imagine not being able to handle getting hit back to the point where ur constantly transferring misc back n forth. Maybe the time u spend transferring misc could be used to just, like, idk, keep urself pinned? 😜✌

4. Good pickup of a potential abuse. Hard to prevent, though. And definitely not worth no longer counting misc in matchmaking for.

Perhaps some sort of rule about always being able to retaliate? Each time someone hits you, regardless of misc bonus, you can hit back 400x,
    But if base stats or tb change, the same rule doesn't apply?

But this could still be used to be "unhittable" but not out of hit range. The stat advantage is still significant.

The CORE of this issue was in a.t.a's Buffing of hunt rewards and the items available to all players. The powercreep kept old players coming back and did liven up the pvp scene but there is too much Misc bonus in circulation in my opinion, and a game-wide nerfing is in order and has been for ages.

I don't know what their motivation has been for not doing it yet, but I think it's worth them trying and really looking into.

Muschi and Sherily like this.
  5. They also need to severely crack down on "misc traders" who exchange bulk story rewards and accounts for real money.

The ability to "quickly" move a considerable amount of mb requires huge stacks of SR which is also a main time saving technique used by these traders.

So this "abuser" is also MOST PROBABLY someone who has purchaded their items from someone in exchange for real world currency, but a.t.a don't know what they can do about that except ignore the problem.

MrMyers, Muschi and Sherily like this.
  6. Is there any ways that are very quick
    in moving misc?
    I guess if it's concentrated amounts of say bentos or a larger item in great numbers 🤨

7. Yes. Stacks of tens and hundreds of the same story rewards.

You see it in trading group chats all the time.

8. Ppl have too much time to waste

9. I fully agree that the purchasing of bulk misc with real world currency is a problem and definitely throws off the game in regards to PvP. I also don't know what can really be done about it, though, tbh.

I don't think much can be done about abusing the bucket system at all, in all honesty- I am just curious to know how often it's truly being abused.

Perhaps I am missing something or this is a nubby question but, what's the point of "defender too strong" at all? I totally get protecting smol beans but, I don't get the "too strong" thing. Any insight?

Muschi likes this.
  10. Tbh since nuffin can be done it's gotten to the point where I, and others, have stopped rly bothering to upgrade or try at all. I'd have to spend thousands upon thousands to compete which nah

Sansa, Victoria and Sherily like this.
  11. It is definitely lame. It makes hoarding misc and tuts and staying at your same stats until you are capped feel more sensible, but idk.

Victoria likes this.
  12. If you constantly hit you notice when your opponent transfers misc. I sit on people and have seen my hits going from insect to close fight or fails. So yeah, people are transferring misc, if u can’t hit them anymore then hit the person who lets them borrow the misc RS/pimd partner etc. That’s also why there are clubs, if I can’t hit someone bc they’re too weak or too strong there’s someone in my club that can hit. There’s no way right now to prevent people from transferring misc unless ata does a 1x misc transfer per week. They could also cap the amount of misc players can transfer with one another per day/week but I’m sure no one wants that.

Sansa and Muschi like this.
  13. I wouldn't mind a cap on misc transfers with the same player per day, but any other cap on misc transfering would do more harm than good, in my opinion. It would make trading more inconvenient.

Thank you for letting me know you are seeing this happen as well, though- I wasn't sure how commonplace it was so I appreciate it.

14. Just hit.
    If your win ratio sucks find a 🎯 that seems dear to them that your success is better 🤷‍♂️ petty farming they may call it? 🤨

15. The problem is that it won't allow me to hit at all. It says, "defender too strong." When they drop misc, they fall into my hit range and hit me, but then get their misc back so that they are out of my range once they have hit. I have no interest in petty farming.

But, anyway, the point of the thread is not to complain about this particular situation- I was trying to see how often this sort of thing was happening in the game. :)

16. The bucket stuff isn't my concern.
    Once I'd seen it...
    I said..
    Fuck it

17. O, I haven't noticed that, but I can see how that could be an annoyance. Have you tried hitting someone in the bucket above you to activate the uh ... Buff ig, that says something like 'because of your agressive actions, you may be hit by a wider range than usual'?

Since the new system of max misc, I haven't even tried upgrading, haha. Didn't see the point at least for a while...

Sherily likes this.
  18. I think they would both have the buff

Also Sherily I don't think this is common. Seems too petty and efforty. They're already hitting down like crazy which is a major scumdog move so I'd just call friends to help.

Also 1 trade per day would suck situationally for me as a trader, but can always trade via gifts. But it is lilely that these people have 3+ alts anyhow which is probably more trades than they currently do per day.

Victoria, Sherily and Muschi like this.
  19. Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I trade pretty frequently and wouldn't want to be limited in that. And it's super easy to make alts so, if they are going through the effort of moving misc so frequently, I am sure you are right and they wouldn't be stopped by the minor obstacle of having an alt or 2.

I am not bothered by the hits or anything but I have this dumb code I guess where I always make sure to hit anyone in my NFs back so having a friend (what's that?) hit for me wouldn't solve that. It is what it is, though- I was just curious about the situation. 😊

Victoria and Muschi like this.
  20. I pretty much constantly have that buff on. 🙈

Sirrracha and Victoria like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.