The Official PIMD Timeline

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by Muschi, Mar 14, 2019.

1. [​IMG]
    • • • • •
    I thought it would be interesting to compile a timeline of feature releases, updates, and removals and other big events on PIMD. I am only including ones that warranted a forum announcement post, and those posts will be linked for your viewing pleasure.

It's fascinating how much games can evolve, and PIMD today is vastly different from the days of its infancy. Let's take a scroll down memory lane and revisit some of the milestones in PIMD's development!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

January 8th
    The dorm tower receives an update, including replacing the "evict" option with an "exchange" option; cash payouts from parties are adjusted to be more balanced.

January 23rd
    Closed beta testing for a group chat feature begins.

February 12th
    The first Pets (Siamese, Dalmatian, Bombay, Golden Retriever, Pug, & Lovebird) are introduced.

February 14th
    Group chats are released.

February 26th
    More Pets (Siberian & Cockatoo) are added.

March 12th
    Even more Pets (American Shorthair & German Shepherd) are released.

March 13th
    New club features, including a revamp of the member list, are revealed.

March 19th
    Gold Passes are introduced.

April 1st
    Mineral Pal Pets are available for April Fool's Day.

April 4th
    Further adjustments are made to the PvP system, including the introduction of Peace Tags.

May 7th
    Adjustments are made to hit ranges in PvP.

May 29th
    Changing your username is made more efficient by instantly freeing an inactive account's username.

June 7th
    Legacy boxes can now be found in both the Social Shopper and the VIP Champagne boxes.

July 23rd
    Chat stickers and chat games are launched.
    More Gold Passes are added, increasing the max from 5 to 10.

August 27th
    ATA switches to a new provider for the Offer Wall, which comes with improvements and other adjustments.

August 29th
    Players can now star/favorite items in their showcase.

September 27th
    ATA holds an Ask Me Anything with one of the game developers.

October 15th
    The Snowy Owl pet makes its introduction.

October 18th
    Updates are made to the Silencing Policy.

November 12th
    Extracurriculars, or XCs for short, are introduced.

November 19th
    The Wild Party Amp and the Party Jet vehicle are added.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Contributor Accolades

A guide takes a lot of work! Making and, years later, completely revamping this guide to what you see today was a joint effort. I'd like to give a shout-out to a few people that helped me, both big and small.
    • • • • •
    @Atlas
    For assisting me in uploading edits for my non-mod self!

@-iLyssaTheGummyBearKissa-
    For assisting me in uploading edits for my non-mod self!

@Schwanz
    For your proofreading skills and moral support. And for being my best friend.
    • • • • •
    Your assistance and support on bringing the Official PIMD Timeline to fruition is much appreciated.

Other Guides by Yours Truly

Avatars on PIMD | Chat Channels | Extra Credit
    Mods / HS / Devs | PIMD Crates | Relationships
    The Battle List
    • • • • •

#1 Muschi, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2023
    Atlas, Alessandra, Witchee and 10 others like this.
  2. I think it's culling. I've had threads be deleted for no reason months after anyone has looked at them

3. That's what I figured. It's happened to more of my other threads, as well as some other people's threads. I can see culling being useful, but it would be nice if we got a notice of it or something. I wonder what their requirements are for a thread to be culled because it sure seems quite random.

I'm glad I had the thread's content saved in my phone's notes, because I would've been ticked if I put that much work into it and ATA just was like, "Yeah this can be trash." and I wouldn't have had the chance to back up all that coding.

4. This is what I'm looking for 

Muschi likes this.
  5. No idea ☹️ my furniture guide thread was deleted too at one point

This is cute tho, thanks for reposting! I can’t even imagine how long this must’ve taken tho rip. ATA has lots of threads ? and some are out of order

Muschi likes this.
  6. I think my initial post took uhh... 4 hours? The repost took only maybe half an hour because I just had to take on the recent additions at the end.

And no problem! ?

7. This was pretty cool to read! Really puts in perspective how different the game was when it first came out.

Muschi likes this.
  8. Tbh you forgot to put the date I started playing

Kefo and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  9. I admire the effort you put into this thread. It was a quick and easy read, yet insightful. Good job OP :’)

Maddi_Matsu and Muschi like this.
  10. Delete the whole thread and start again after forgetting this big event right here

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  11. Wow dis cool

Muschi likes this.
  12. Yeah same

13. But when did Kindle stop being supported ?

14. You’re not as relevant as me okay

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  15. I'm way more relevant than you okay

16. O, cool

Muschi likes this.
  17. Nice Job with this timeline, made me remember how many years I’ve wasted playing this game?

Muschi likes this.
  18. Then stop playing it

19. I loved reading that! and it just made me realize for how damn long I‘ve been playing this and how much it has changed

Jacinda_Rose and Muschi like this.