HITTING AND BEING HIT

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Arlington5, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Ok didn’t know that. Will def try

2. ?

3. I sympathize with you, I do. All I can offer is that the game started as a pvp; parties, hunts and quests came later. Also, you fired the first shot, without really looking into what is was about. I think you might want to assume some responsibility here. As for the people who just wont stop attacking, there just isn’t very much that can be done about them sometimes. Occasionally a cease fire may be arranged but that means giving up something. Just some points to consider

4. You'll get used to it and eventually learn how to fight back.

5. There's actually a guide thread about farming and PvP, I'm pretty sure. One sort of rule is "more than 4 hits in 24 hours means farming" (many players disagree and think that to call it farming you must at least use DNS or insistently keep someone pinned, I think that way, too. 5, 6 or 7 hits or even one unload isn't that much to be called farming).

And I believe the thread mentions some of these possible consequencesof hitting, etc.

Ultimately, there isn't a rule, it's up to everyone's reaction. The only truth is anyone can hit anyone any amount of time at any moment for any or no reason. Some players will justify this as part of the game, others will say you need a "reason" (some offense or whatever) to farm. I won't take a final position on this one, but it's a fact that it can happen, whether found it fair or unfair.

Another tacit or mentioned rule within some farmers is to keep it 1v1 if both parties are evenly matched. This could play in your favour in similar situations. Maybe the first guy just wanted an excuse to farm anyone for fun.

6. Just ignore them and keep tapping away :)

Tell them to pick on people their size.

7. I’m definitely not saying zero blame lay on my door. It’s just that my experience with games is usually to test things out to see what I’m comfortable with. This, needless to say, definitely doesn’t fall into those things.

8. The forum itself is so vast. I've gone through some threads. They are definitely helpful. And you’re right, personal preferences do come into this.

9. Oh man, you’re legendary in my limited knowledge of the forums ? I’ve read a few of your threads and tried to apply those things.

10. Thx xox

11. This thread makes my butt pucker. That’s all, go about your day.

12. I was recently hit over hiring a tutor and it cost me around 8T and my RS had to break up as part of his CF deal even though he got about 10hits and cried about it, ironically they are on this tread telling people not to worry!!. But I don’t know my Old RS in RL and the money isn’t coming out my actual bank account so it’s just a game and it’s just annoying. Just as a word of warning ATA shut down GAW and I didn’t get any of the money I invested back when they did; as you technically just rent this avi space off their server, so remember if they shut it down you lose all your invested real life money.....

Personally I think there should be some sort of parameter of stat limits like there used to be to prevent different levels of players hitting each other.

Also we must not forget that Some people bully their way through this game but that’s probably because they are sad and lonely in RL or maybe it’s because they are super cool and tell all their cyber friends how hard they are. However Real people mock them.

Moral of the story, hire tutors and get hit... sometimes

Bully people and other people will bully you.

Look out the window as that’s your life, your avi isn’t you, you are probably much sadder if you take this app super seriously.

Ossss

13. Oh man that sucks! Truly sympathise with you.
    This was actually what I thought would be the best solution. If certain players were divided in stratas they wouldn’t be able to abuse their higher level versus low level players.
    I mean this was probably what happened to Astra. She must have been lower than me and I must have seemed like sth she couldn't handle. However, handling the situation in a less volatile manner would have proven to be less destructive insteading of sending the firing squad my way. To each their own I guess.

14. I especially agree with you on the last comments. Ppl get so serious about this game and I get it, it’s vast and consuming but please stay in touch with reality, folks. But sadly internet itself is a plague. Hiding behind screens, ppl feel invincible, saying and doing what they never would dare to in real life.