Drop Volley Guide

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by CatLady, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Guide to Drop Volleys
    Definitions
    What is a drop volley?
    A drop volley is when two people volley a tut multiple times to a certain price. One person then drops the tuts. DV for short.
    What is a profit drop volley?
    A profit drop volley is when two people volley a tut until one of the two people have made a certain amount of money.
    What is the difference between a DV and a profit DV.
    The difference is that a normal DV you only volley a tut to a certain price, while in a profit DV, you volley tut(s) until one person makes a certain amount of money.
    What is hire value?
    Hire value is the cost of the tut(Amount of money you need in order to hire). It is also the current price of the tut.
    What is purchase price?
    Purchase price is the price you hire a tutor at.
    What is current price?
    Current price is the price of the tutor.
    [​IMG]
    But aren't those all the same thing?
    Yes and no. This is where it's a bit tricky. The hire price is the amount of money you need in order to purchase the tutor, which is the current price of the tutor. However when you hire a tutor, the price goes up, yes? That price it's bumped to becomes the hire value/current price. Ever notice how when you hire a tutor it says that you get x amount back plus a profit of x?

Like this:
    [​IMG]
    What this means is that you got the price you purchased the tutor at (The purchase price) back, plus a profit (The extra money that your hire bumped the tutor's hire price to). Well, that price plus profit you you get back when someone hires the tut from you is the price that the person will get 60% back from, which is the purchase price.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense? It's incredibly hard to explain in words. Makes more sense in my head.
    How profit DVs work
    How do I figure out how much I make from a DV?
    It's actually really simple. Divide the amount of the tut(s) you volley by five.
    Example
    • 5b DV divided by 5 ~> 1b profit.
    • 10b DV divided by 5 ~> 2b profit.
    • 15b DV divided by 5 ~> 3b profit.
    • 20b DV divided by 5 ~> 4b profit.
    • 25b DV divided by 5 ~> 5b profit.

• Note that all volleying in this guide is on the assumption you're volleying from 5m to the amount mentioned.

How do I figure out how much it costs in tuts I'll end with to give profit DVs?
    It's actually really simple. Multiply the amount of profit you're drop volleying by five.
    Example
    • 1b profit times 5 ~> 5b DV
    • 2b profit times 5 ~> 10b DV
    • 3b profit times 5 ~> 15b DV
    • 4b profit times 5 ~> 20b DV
    • 5b profit times 5 ~> 25b DV

• Note that all volleying in this guide is on the assumption you're volleying from 5m to the amount mentioned.

Dropping Tuts
    How much do I lose when I drop a tut?
    60 percent of the hire value.
    Does this mean 60% of the amount it says in my tutor list?
    No.
    Can you explain?
    Why yes. Supreme noob that I am, I shall enlighten you.

[​IMG]
    This is the hire price for the tut.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gnome and I hired him once each.
    [​IMG]
    This is the price after.
    [​IMG]
    This is what I was refunded after I dropped the tut.

Did you notice how I didn't get refunded based off the hire value the tut was at when I dropped?
    Well this is because you don't get rebounded the price you own it at(current price). Instead, you get refunded 60% of the price you purchased it at.

Money lost?
    How much money do I lose when everything is said and done?
    Depends on the price, little noob. Are you ready for some math? No? Well too bad!
    In this explanation I'm going to use the multiples of five, mainly because it's simpler.
    If you're doing a 1b profit DV, it's going to take a 5b DV. This means that once you finish the volley, you'll have one 5b tut to drop. After dropping the tut, you'll get 60% refunded. Remember that it's 60% of the price you purchased the tut at! Not the price you're dropping it at.
    This means from dropping the tut you lost 40% of the value.

So hold on, this means I lose 2b?
    You lose 2b from dropping the tut yes, which means you were refunded 3b. Buuuuuuut! Wait up! Notice how your money reflects losing less than that? Well that's because when you volley a tutor, you BOTH make profit, so even though you kept the tut, you didn't really lose that full amount, because you also made around 1b from the volley.
    So I only lost 1b?
    Yes! Want to see the breakdown simpler? Okay!
    Example
    • Write down/screenshot amount of cash you have.
    • Remember that 1b profit = 5b in tuts
    • Volley 5m to 5b
    • Drop the tut.
    • Refunded 3b
    • Notice how you didn't lose 2b.

What if I'm doing more than that? Like 5b profit?
    It's roughly the same thing. But instead you'll be volleying more. 5b profit is a 25b DV. (5b profit ✖5)This doesn't mean you have to go to 25b in tuts. In fact, I find it simpler to do it in increments of 5b. Meaning you will volley five tuts to 5b. I prefer this method because if you are buying items, you can set up a pay method. (Like with pugs if you're buying 100 pugs for 5b profit, send 20 pugs, do one 5b DV, 20 pugs, 5b DV. Like that. THIS IS NOT THE PRICE OF PUGS, JUST AN EASY EXAMPLE. ) It's a good way to hopefully prevent scamming, or at least minimize your loss.

Can you give us the break down?
    Well duh! I'm not just here to look pretty.It's just a bonus.

Example
    • Write down/screenshot amount of cash you have.
    • Remember that 5b profit = 25b in tuts
    • Volley 5m to 5b
    • Do thatUntil you've got five 5b tuts
    • Drop the tuts.
    • Refunded 3b per tut ➡15b total
    • Notice how you didn't lose 10b, but more like 5b.

The end. Thank you to everyone who gave me advice, and to other people's guides for being so helpful. Also thanks to a certain Roaming Gnome. Thanks to Mags for helping correct any bb errors.

Hope this helps.

2. Ty always wanted to know but couldnt be bothered to work it out, 
    nice work 

3. Thank you

4. Thanks.

5. ;) and if you want the tuts just hired,?get yourself INA strip farm war, I'm sure the other side would be willing to strip 

XD

6. Spitty

7. useful guide

S

8. Ty kindly for this post

9. Good guide always wondered how it worked but too lazy to find out

10. Its funny cuz i was just thinking about making this a couple hours ago, good guide just needs some spell check

11. The explanation is a bit confusing, but overall nice job.

12. I'm putting together a more organized guide, just wanted to get the basics out there first. 

13. I was gonna make one?

14. Sent the update out.

15. Profit is around 15% only. Not 20%. For 1b profit you need to volley a tut to 6.5b-6.7b.

16. What price do you begin the volley at, Azi?

17. Aww, emoji didn't show up. ? Anywho, updated.