Bitcoin pizza day

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by TheCatLady, May 22, 2019.

1. On 22/05/2010, the first ever bitcoin transaction for a consumer product took place in Florida when a man spent 10k bitcoins for 2 pizzas. Those 10k bitcoins were worth $40 at the time, theyre worth $80m today.

Being a bitcoin enthusiast, I celebrate this day because this transaction represented a milestone for bitcoin adoption, we have come a long way since, with brands like starbucks, whole foods and a dozen others accepting bitcoin.

Also, those were the most expensive pizzas ever bought.

Edit: a fun fact, this guy estimates that he spend about 100k bitcoins on pizza over the years, so this guy has consumed $800m worth of pizzas in his life

2. This world is moving in a direction that I'm no longer comfortable with and I'm moving with my seatbelt on.

3. I put ketchup on my pizza.

4. you are... an animal...

6. i would regret spending those bitcoins, but i do suppose it is cool to have international businesses accepting them as payment

7. same

8. Nice fact.

I always wished I would have purchased bitcoin when I first came across it. I still made hella profit by purchasing a few years ago but still.

I’m also happy that’s it’s more widely accepted now if merchants took all the other cryptocurrency I have ?

9. You would want to hodl your coins cuz the bulls have just started warming up

10. Im in it for both tech and money.

11. Dipping the crust in ketchup is pretty good tbh

12. Hold onto your ecs kids, soon they will be the world's singular currency.

13. I'm in it cause the cool kids are doing it. ?

14. lmao

15. Was it a diamond pizza or what? This damned goof better have got his bitcoin's worth.