TL;DR EoaR PvP Explanation

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Muschi, May 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. TL;DR PvP Explanation

Hey! It's Hailey here.

I've seen quite a few people in forums and the chat channels confused about how the PvP portion of this hunt (End of a Reign) works, and ATA's explanation just ends up confusing them. So I figured I'd add some BB coding for organization and post a little TL;DR version!

I hope this helps simplify ATA's explanation and make it easier for everyone to understand!

The Step-by-Step Process

1. [*]Opt in to PvP via Quinn's Storyline. You will automatically be sorted into one of the 4 Houses.[*]Open your 'Meet Friends' page, aka the battle list. This will show players within your hit range that have opted into PvP, and are on the opposing House teams. TIP: Do not play into the "PvP partner" BS making its way through the chat channels. Use the Meet Friends page![*]Make your way down the list, checking people's showcases to see if they have Shattered Swords*. TIP: The more Swords they have, the more Swords you'll earn per hit![*]Once you find a player that has a reasonable stash of Swords, either fight or dance-off on them. This works best when your energy is at least half-full. TIP: Keep your own energy low when you're hoarding Swords to prevent people from stealing all of yours![*]Rinse and repeat! Keep moving on to the next opponent. Once you collect 400 Swords, they will combine into 1 Head Token. Restart your app if they do not auto-combine; this will force the app to properly calculate that you reached 400+.[*]Collecting Head Tokens helps you progress through the PvP storyline; Shields of the Sealed Weald are awarded at each tier. Keep up to date with all of the rewards at each tiers by reading the last page of this thread. TIP: Shields can be traded and gifted between players.[*]Once you collect 500 Shields, visit the Shop and purchase an avatar activator for the House of your choosing. It does not need to match the House you were automatically assigned, and you can collect the avatars for each of the four Houses.
    * Shattered Swords are originally collected by engaging in the hunt-exclusive "Battle for Cat Café" party. Part of the party includes stealing the Swords from other players (as described above); stealing the Swords while participating in the party increases the amount of Swords you can steal per hit.

Other Guides by Yours Truly

Avatars on PIMD | Chat Channels | Extra Credit
    List of Mods / HS / Devs | PIMD Crates | Relationships
    The Battle List | The Official PIMD Timeline

2. You da real MVP.

3. ?

4. Yay this sounds more simpler

5. Just a note - I restarted the app several times over about an hour trying to get my swords before about 550 got farmed away. So restarting the app won't necessarily make them combine

6. It seems to work most of the time! I haven't had the issue myself, so I just went off of what players with the issue said worked. Hopefully ATA will work out some of the kinks in the next day or two so there isn't so much auto-combining not happening.

Just make sure you stay pinned and keep restarting occasionally until they combine. If it continues to be an issue, send a help ticket so ATA is aware that this is a prevalent issue.

And don't post in public chat channels that you have hundreds of Swords that won't combine, because you'll be putting a huuuuge target on your head. :)

7. You should be mod or something tbh

8. No, but dancing/fighting someone to gain a few more usually causes them to combine in my experience. It seems to be the party drops that get it stuck over 400.

9. Beautiful explanation as always ?

10. Honestly, now that I've lost so many because of a little kink, I'm wholly uninterested in collecting them anymore. Thank you for the advice, but if anyone wants to take my last 100ish they're welcome to them lol

11. That's understandable. Maybe as the hunt progresses, you'll be interested in at least making it to the first tier (5 Head Tokens)! If you aren't interested in the avis, it'd be a good way to make bentos by selling the avatar Shields ー right now the market price I've observed is 25 per bento.

12. Great thread as usual

Mad respect 

13. Thank you bumping for other confused noobs like me

14. All that matters to me is the stats of that pvp ava. Does anyone know?

15. Make sure you hit to combine, it may lag but it will combine after a few seconds. And if you get invalid request, it will still combine! You may have to try again

16. Thank you for explaining this so clearly!

17. That whole party requires you to steal swords, there is no “normal” bar where you just hit the party

18. Not yet! Please keep an eye on the Stories Tiers and Rewards thread that I linked in the original post, as that information will be included as soon as it is found out. :)

19. Awesome guide hun, but two things need corrected. The swords don’t auto combine by restarting the app. Players have to hit two more times successfully, once they have 400 swords and then they combine.

Also, the battle cat is entirely hitting other players the whole party, not a part of it. And it goes very slow. One of our members used 60 dns during it and we still had to use 2 slow jams.

Other than that, great explanation! 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.