Beta War - Test #1

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by pimd, May 30, 2014.

1. Hey guys,

As promised, we'll be kicking off a new Beta War test tomorrow afternoon.
    After that, we'll run some more next week after we look at the results of this test.

Summary:
    - We have an improved War Rewards distribution system, this lets us change up how you get rewarded for warring
    - We want to address the inactives issue with wars (players signing up and then not doing anything)
    - We also want to test out this new system as a base line, to make sure it's all good

Times:
    War starts at 2pm PDT and goes for 2 hours until 4 PM PDT.
    There's only one war for this as it's a base line test to make sure everything's ok.

Intent:
    For this test, we want to see how rewarding Hunt Items based on your successful actions helps curb inactives.

In theory, if people don't get anything for sitting there inactive, we should see less people signing up and then doing nothing in the wars.

Mechanics:
    This is an individual war, where you sign up and get automatically assigned to pre-made clubs with a bunch of other people.

You'll earn 1 Promposal per successful action in the war, to a maximum cap of 50 Promposals, PLUS the winning team gets 10 more Promposals for kicking butt.

We'll be open to discussing how the war went and your ideas on ways to tweak the wars in the future. This is just the start, so if you can't make it out for this one, don't stress.

Smurfette's Guide on Beta War signups:
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=81191

2. Awesome! 

3. I was actually thinking about the idea of giving one item per hits. Good thing that you've though about it too.

Could be the same way in parties. If someone hits 5 times during a party, he gets 5 items. And you guys could set a limit of total items we can earn.

Also, let's be honnest here, hunts will forever stay so you guys can implement this 1hit=1item and you guys make the rewards based of that.

Anyways, you'll hear feedbacks from me after first Bwar.

4. 3 Problems i have with this post.

People forced into cowing get nothing.

Whose afternoon are we speaking of?

And

What of those who are hitting from said pin all war to stop from leaking, or something where they are active and just not making successful hits?

5. 1. What's cowing?
    2. My afternoon so I'm awake and ready to fix stuff :p (PDT)
    3. Good point, let's discuss so we can try out some new stuff next week.

6.  I was thinking about the active people failing hits too. Because I could easily just hit whoever I can get through on, but that's usually not the best strategy for actually winning a war.

7. Cows. People who let themselves get hit without fighting back.

8. Cowing is when you're a target all war and the opponent is hitting you all war leaving you no energy to hit

9. ? Is there a way to keep track of hits in general even failed ones or no?

10. Yeah, I believe we can track hits, failed or not, and different types of hits.

11. Pimd lol, you need to read some war guides :lol:

12. Cowing*= Action of being pinned and made the person giving up plunder, a.k.a. leaking, also effectively being a shield by taking hits so the other side doesn't move on to pin someone else.

13. Then award based on hits failed or not. In war even failed hits are helpful, that's why we have pests.

14. lol, I totally do.
    Been too busy making sure I understand your current feedback on stuff and getting this out for you guys. Figured you could school me in advanced war mechanic ideas as we discuss.

15. @ Pimd this is Off topic but incase I commented on the wrong thread.. Don't forget about our sneak peek tonight ;) and you should buy yourself a giant pizza for all the awesome work you've been doing for us :D