Good Things: Dorm Tower Updates & Cash Payout Rebalance

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATAMarceline, Jan 8, 2019.

1. NOTE: You will need to update your app in the App Store before being able to see the following changes. It may take a little bit before the update is available for everyone.

Dorm Tower Updates

We have changed the way levelling up and evicting dorm mates works!

Our goal here was to make levelling up your dormmates better better. Specifically, more cost-efficient, among other positive things.

How It Used To Work aka the Lame Way
    You evict a dormmate and buy a new one. 20% of the TOTAL cost you put into your dorm mate will be refunded to you when you Evict them. You would then use that cash you gained back to pay for the next Tier of dormmate you move in to replace it.

How It’ll Work Now aka the Better Way
    You exchange a dormmate for an equal or better one. 20% of the cost you paid for your Level 1 dorm mate + 100% of ALL THE CASH YOU SPENT ON LEVEL-UPS are applied as a Discount to the new dormmate you use to replace it!

☞Why did we do this?
    We noticed that most people leave their dormmates at level 1 because it felt like a waste of money to level them up. Not anymore! Now not a cent will be wasted on levelups - it's more like banking that cash until you're ready to exchange. (The amount you get toward your next tier is tracked for your convenience as "Value" on your dormmate UI).

Your main takeaways:

☞ Leveling up a dormmate will now always be a positive investment of cash.
    All the cash you spend on levelling up your dorm mate will go towards the next Tier dorm mate as discount! You will never lose out from levelling up a dorm mate from now on.

☞ 'Evict' has now been replaced with 'Exchange'.
    The option to Evict your dorm mate has now been removed! In the old way of doing things, you would Evict your dorm mate, get a partial refund, and move in a new dorm mate to replace it. Pretty clunky. In this new way, you would use the ‘Exchange’ function to replace your dorm mate with another of a different Tier! Hello, smooooooth transition. What this also means is that your stats can only ever remain the same, or go up from here on out!

Here’s a quick example:

Y’all know step one.

$200 is 20% of the cost of moving in your L1 Intellectual Hero (original cost = $1,000):

The entire cost you spent on levelling up your T1 Intellectual Hero is $6,300. This is now discounted when you Exchange him for T2 The Hipster, along with the original $200 value (that 20% of the original dormmate price):

You might have noticed we also made a couple of cosmetic changes! You’ll see Tiers as a number and Levels as stars (where 0 stars = Level 1).

As well, when you enter the dorm mate selection screen, the most noticeable change is now being able to swipe across to view different dorm mate tiers!

Cash Payout Rebalance

We have noticed that there was an issue, where if you upgrade at certain times, you might see a loss of plunder instead of a gain. This eventually evens out as you upgrade and continue to grow, but we’ve found that to be quite confusing and totally unintuitive. Getting less Cash as you level up? That's not fun for anyone.

Ergo, we’ve made a change that will address this so you should no longer see a drop in payout as you upgrade!

Here's a visual of the plunder drops in correlation to upgrading dormmates in the old system that I totally did not just draw up on my desk excuse you:

Blue: *NEW* Cat Cafe
    Pink: Old Cat Cafe
    Purple: *NEW* Pizza Pop Art
    Orange: Old Pizza Pop Art
    ☞ Colour-blind folks: Sorry.

As it is an issue that would only affect those with dorm mate stats that coincide with the dips in plunder, most players may not notice any changes. But if you were in one of the dips? You'll see an immediate increase in your plunder per hit up to the line.

Our goal is to continue to make Party in My Dorm a positive experience for its community so we believe this is a few steps in the right direction! We believe this will be a fully positive change, but since it is a big balance change, if things go horribly wrong, we may revert it. So.. if you experience any unexpected changes not outlined here, please let us know!

NOTE: As we're adjusting the cash payout numbers, you may see an initial large spike in plunder, which will then go back down to the correct amount. This is nothing to worry about!

Here's to more cool things in 2019!

Spider-Marce out.

iPanicAtDiscos, Muschi, Turbo and 4 others like this.
  2. Re: Good Things: Dorm Tower Updates

woo

3. Re: Good Things: Dorm Tower Updates

nice

4. Re: Good Things: Dorm Tower Updates

Thanks guys! Makes future upgrading so much easier!

5. Oooo this is cool!

6. Re: Good Things: Dorm Tower Updates

Finally

7. Woah thxs guys talk about a really nice change to the game!!

8. Re: Good Things: Dorm Tower Updates

Ouu! Nice update :)

9. Re: Good Things: Dorm Tower Updates

woo good stuff ATA, Long needed update

10. Re: Good Things: Dorm Tower Updates

Damn, this now gives players that aren’t full time cat fairies an actual reason to level up their dormmates. Since they won’t exactly be losing anything when they sell them (apart from 20% you originally spent on the dormmates)

11. Whoa, awesome.

12. Now please just put back the random cash amounts on the spinner and people might actually upgrade more than once a year :') and not complain about landing on cash so much.

13. Oh that is a good idea! I definitely won't hesitate when upgrading tutors now!

We often have apprehension because y'all release tiers too fast, so before we get close to filling our dorms with the top tier, we know there'll be a new tier, so many players don't even bother filling entirely, and juzt save up cash to purchase the next tier!

Ty for this update :)

14. Re: Good Things: Dorm Tower Updates

Nice update,but what’s the point having 2 jobs tabs is something else going in where old jobs is?

15. Re: Good Things: Dorm Tower Updates

No. There won’t be any new jobs, since jobs are mainly used to help nubbies upgrade enough to hit easy parties.

16. Re: Good Things: Dorm Tower Updates

Didn’t say anything about new jobs lol

17. Re: Good Things: Dorm Tower Updates

Thank you ATA! I always had to explain to new players to never level up your dorm mates because it’s a waste of money. Now I don’t have to

18. Re: Good Things: Dorm Tower Updates

Yes, you did. This implies that you’re asking if there’s going to be more jobs added.

19. Oh... so that how it is... i got $700k last time on rave bar but now i got 1.5m... i thought you were doing x2 on easy party... hmm thanks tho :)