New Items: Party Amps

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by [ATA]Strange, Aug 1, 2018.

1. What’s up PIMD friends?

Have you ever wanted your parties to have a little more oomph? A little more fire? A little more bang, perhaps?

If so, stick around, because I'm about to tell you about some new items we are dropping right now!

VIP PASS AMP

OTAKU AMP

We promised more party modifiers, and here’s our next ones! They’re items that will Amp up your parties. How, you ask?

Well, first of all, you have to be doing the right party. Hipster Amps only work on Hipster parties, Bro Amps only work on Bro parties, and so on.

Then, head on over to the store and combine them with a matching Keytar - they’re colour coded, so you’ll see the right one pretty easily.

I imagine you can guess which is for which?

Use them on a party and that party will give 10% extra cash to any player who hits it.

There's 5 types in total - Bro Code, Hipster, Art Skool, VIP Pass, and Otaku.

Q. Where can I get the Amps?
    A. For now, the Spinner. We’ll be giving them out in other ways soon.

Q. What if I get an Amp for the wrong party?
    A. You can trade them, so maybe another player has the Amp you need?

Q. How do I know when my club mate used one?
    A. Check the party logs! You'll see a message saying who did it!

Q. How does it work together with care packages?
    A. Similar to using VIP together with care packages, you add the numbers together. Normally a care package gives an extra 100% (total 200%). If you hit an Amped party, you’ll get 210% cash, not 220%.

Q. So… are more items coming out?
    A. Yep! In fact, the next one is something that was suggested in the last thread... so keep your suggestions coming!

Q. Do they work on Pro Parties?
    A. Yes!

Q. What happens if I try to Amp an already Amped Party?
    A. Nothing! You'll just get an error message. Definitely not this:

Max 1 per party. Listening to music at overly high volumes may cause ear damage, after all. And use sunscreen. And floss every day. And don’t sit so close to the TV. And call your mother.

2. Cool! Image fail tho. Strange pls fix :( i have 2nd hand embarrassment

3. Will we be able to eventually purchase the speaker thing? Like with EC?

4. What about pros?

6. Interesting 

7. thanks <3

8. These do work on Pro parties - yes!

I'll add that to the OP. Good question.

9. Thanks!

10. We can't promise anything yet, but as we make more items that affect parties I'm sure we'll pick a few to sell for EC. Or maybe a box with a random one inside? We're honestly not sure yet, and excited to see how PIMD players use them :D We'll know more after we find out if they're popular or not.

11. When do you and Wanda get PIMD Crate items? :D

12. I love it. I hope the next thing is party extenders because sometimes we just need more time, haha. This is a great start to pimping out pimd. Keep them coming and thank you for much needed fixes.

13. Interesting... just saw on spinner so ran over to see what they were! What’s the rarity of getting them? Is it same rarity as cats/kinis, or like chibis/cash?

14. Okey then

• Oooh, I like it.
      • x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x
        -Victoria

15. It's about 10 times as likely as a cat for now. People have already gotten a bunch of them on the spinner!