NEW FEATURE [NEW FEATURE] The Pub: A New Chat Channel

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATAMarceline, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Y'all may have heard whispers of new chat channels making their way into PIMD... I am excited to proudly introduce The Pub, where all social connections are now going to be made!

One of the greatest things about PIMD is how diverse the community is! We know for example, that PIMD players come from all reaches of the planet, that they come to our game engage in a wide spectrum of activites ranging from partying with great friends to decking out their dorms to reflect their own individual tastes to meeting new and like-minded people. With all these different interests and activities, we want to improve our chat and make the experience better for everyone.

We've decided to create a separate space for those that are looking to *~connect~* with fellow PIMDers - enter The Pub! Just like on a real college campus, The Pub is where you can mingle, socialize and form new relationships, maybe for the night, maybe forever! That's the beauty of The Pub!

In very simple terms, the new rule is that:

Please make sure to have your app up to date at the App Store to enjoy this new feature!

All existing Campus Chat rules still apply! This also includes everything in the Terms of Service.
    Here are some refreshers:
    - “Posting obscene, ****, excessively violent, harmful, or sexually explicit content. This includes using emojis to create inappropriate art or messages.”
    - “All posts must be free of content or behavior that could be deemed as inappropriate. This includes obscene, harmful, illegal, and adult content, as well as Terms of Use breaking discussions.”

Absolutely no RP content is allowed in Campus Chat anymore and any violations to this new term are subject to silencing.

All in-game mechanics, requests for friends and other social requests like “looking for club members to hit B2B CC,” “bored hmu”, "please send gifts", "volley me" can be in Campus Chat, and also The Pub.

Still allowed in Campus Chat:
    "I need new friends, add me please!"
    "Gift me plz"
    "Volley volley volley"
    "Is anyone into jazz music?"

No longer allowed in Campus Chat, must go to The Pub:
    "Hmu for some Dorito RP, cute boys!"
    "Looking for hot ladies "
    "I'm bored, any cute dudes want to chat"
    "Super into sketchy medical rp, hmu"
    "Looking to connect anyone into jazz music who wants to play with my instruments wink wink"

But Marcie, I'm still confused...
    how do I know if I can post what I want to post onto Campus Chat without being silenced?

Just ask yourself, would the post that I want to make on Campus Chat be allowed or in a real-life campus? Or should it go somewhere a little bit more relaxed, like The Pub? It's a great rule of thumb!

We will be disabling Speakers for the next 7 days. You guys will now be able to post in Campus, and the new Pub chat, without needing Speakers. Chat rules still apply; meaning NO SPAMMING allowed. Any intentional disruption made to chat will result in action being taken by our moderator team.

Please note that Speakers still do apply to Announcements - 26 Speakers a message.

You can also unsubscribe from certain channels if you swipe all the way to the right in your chat channels! So if The Pub is not for you, feel free to unfollow away!

Now go on, RPers! Go forth and frolick in your new home!

Muschi likes this.
  3. 2nd ? and beta tester hahaa

4. Chats move like crazy with no speakers ?

5. I'll take great advantage of no speakers, yay.

6. Great idea! Now I can't even move to club chat without my game crashing.

7. I’m so super down for this.

8. I can't write in tc/wc/cc/the pub etc. I can see people are writing in campus but when I swipe to wc, the app returns to the start page. Like when you've close the app and start it again.
    Im on Android - and I updated the app 

9. Guess Not lol

10. Having no speakers will cause chaos. But aside from that the feature seems decent !

11. I still think in wc that speakers should be used without them the chat moves so fast I literally can’t read what happening :/

12. Marceline.... I’m getting REALLY BAD LAG 

14. Why was the social chat for the last update was good

15. Who wants to play with my instrument wink wink