A Reminder: Farming, Harassment and In-Game Extortion Policy

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATAMarceline, Sep 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone,

We felt the need to refresh everyone over our harassment and in-game extortion policy so here’s a reminder.

Extortion refers harassing players with the goal of acquiring payment in the form of real world currency or in-game items with an Extra Credit value.

While we understand the social behaviour of in-game rivalries, battles, and farming we feel the need to implement policies against this sort of extreme harassment in order to provide our players with a safe and enjoyable environment.

As such, intentionally targeting (or harassing) players with the intention of extorting real world currency or items with an Extra Credit value is not allowed.

This includes but is not limited to:
    • Real World Currencies (Both digital and physical)
    • Prepaid Gift Cards (iTunes, Visa, Load, etc)
    • Items with an Extra Credit value (Cash Gifts, Hypnocats, Furniture etc).
    DISCUSS ANY AND ALL CF TERMS PUBLICLY. WE DO NOT MODERATE PRIVATE CHANNELS AND WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO ASSIST WITH CF TERMS IF THEY ARE DISCUSSED IN A PUBLIC CHANNEL, SUCH AS YOUR WALL.

Update as of November 23, 2020:
    As we felt these go beyond the scope and spirit of PvP, ceasefire terms can no longer include name changes or relationship changes (breaking up/joining an RS with a specific player).

Players found to be engaging in this sort of extreme harassment and extortion are subject to having action taken against their accounts.

NOTE: Your RS is still able to be farmed. A player being told that they are being farmed due to their RS being in a SFW is not against our rules. Having the CF terms explicitly state that you must break your RS is what is against these rules.

Moderators
    Please note that it is not under moderator responsibility to mediate Ceasefire Agreements.

Update as of January 7th, 2020:
    This is a reminder that Items with Extra Credit Value cannot be farmed.

At this time Bento's are considered an item that does NOT have Extra Credit Value, and CAN be farmed!
    This may change in the future, but dems the rules for now.

Note: While this post addresses only a single type of situation, we will continue to take action for other forms of harassment at our discretion. Please be respectful of others so that everyone can enjoy Party In My Dorm.

#1 ATAMarceline, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2021
  2. Agreed

Fantastic likes this.
  3. No support, give me the goods or get higher stats then me.

Ranger, Pulse and NotTyler like this.
  4. What about when the farmer asks you to break rs??

SugarRushVixen and Astrogal like this.
  5. Happened to me I wasted 79EC

Fantastic likes this.
  6. That’s a good question tbh

7. They don't have to tell you to break rs.

They just tell you they'll keep hitting as long as you're rs with whoever they are farming.

So it would be all you if you break rs.

8. Not if your rs is being hit as well, but rather if part of your cf terms are to break rs

9. Use weasel words, instead of demanding rs break up as cf. ??‍♀️

10. This is different as part of extortion is the "goal of acquiring payment". In this case, the aggressor is not acquiring anything or "gaining" from it and so this is allowed.

11. but a dev has said in the past that name change as a cf is against tou and that doesn't benefit the farmer either ?

12. I'm glad you guys addressed this issue as these things are becoming increasingly common 

Barbie_Nunya and Xox_-Lynn-_xoX like this.
  13. Oh I forgot about this?

14. Do people realise that if you don't react in anyway, the farmer tends to get bored and moves on?

15. if they're a noob farmer ? what does this have to do with extortion tho

Ranger likes this.
  16. Just stating what I've learnt.
    Even if you cf with items, doesn't guarantee they'll stop, and honestly if you're stupid enough to cf with rl money/cash items you should probably rethink your life choices ??‍♀️ just a thought.

17. this thread is literally saying not to do that, no need to reiterate exactly the same thing in a ruder way lol

Barbie_Nunya likes this.
  18. Asking players for name changes is okay too, so long as you aren't asking a player to violate the ToS with the name change. And as mentioned by many people already, no one has to agree to a CF.

Xox_-Lynn-_xoX likes this.
  19. Whyd you have to publicize my report ;-;

Xox_-Lynn-_xoX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.