CONTEST Design Your Own Avatars!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by ATAMarceline, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ****************************************************************************************************

UPDATE

We have received all your entries and will now take the next week to select the Top 10! Stay tuned!

****************************************************************************************************

It's finally happening! Here is your once-in-a-couple-years-realistically-speaking chance of designing your very own Party in my Dorm avatar! It is literally what it sounds like except for a few stipulations...

Stipulations AKA Instructions

Burger RP, anyone?

Themes
    I. Valentine's
    II. Spring
    III. Date Night

Design
    Using any one or a combination of all the themes above, create 2 Avatars as a Matching Set. This could be whichever pairing you choose: Male, Female, and Non-Binary. So that could be, M/F, F/F, M/M, M/NB etc etc etc. Shake that LGBTQRSTUPWXYZ freedom!

Medium
    Any kind of medium (pencil, pen, paint, digital, Skittles etc).
    Any sort of photo manipulation is strictly not allowed.
    All submitted artwork must be original to the contestant. Any work found to be plagiarized is automatically disqualified and the contestant will be barred from future community contests. Also, PIMD players are savage. You will be caught and it will be funny for all of us.

Submission Deadline
    All entries must be submitted by Noon PST on Thursday, February 15th.

Prizes

After the deadline, we will be picking our Top 10 best entries. Among the Top 10 chosen, PIMD players will vote on their favourite avatar set, and the avatar set with the most votes will win.

The winner will get:
    1.) Bragging rights for having their avatar design put on Party in my Dorm for sale to all players
    2.) Their avatar set
    3.) 3 PIMD Crates
    4.) 2 PIMKeys
    5.) 1 Hypnocat

The Top 10 Nominees will get:
    1.) The winning avatar set
    2.) 1 PIMD Crate

SO good, right?

Some Important Stuff To Note...

The winning avatar set will be used as inspiration and may not be an exact replica of the submitted entry. This means they will be redrawn, and if necessary, adjusted to fit in line with PIMD's art style.

Contestants are giving up their intellectual property to ATA when submitting their entry. As such, by entering our contest, you acknowledge and agree that you shall have no ownership or property interest in the design you are submitting. You further acknowledge and agree that all rights in and to the entry are and shall forever be owned by and inure to the benefit of A Thinking Ape.

Please also note that it may take a few weeks for the winning avatar to be introduced in-game.

How To Upload Your Avatars

First make sure you have either a .png or .jpg version of your avatars. If it is physical art, simply take a photograph. If it is digital, save it as an image.

Head over to imgur.com, create an account if you don't have one and upload your selfie onto the site. Once uploaded, right click on your image, and select 'Copy Image Address'.

Take this link and paste it between the IMGFIT code below:

Code:
    [imgfit]code here[/imgfit]
    For e.g.
    Code:
    [imgift]https://i.imgur.com/aKaOqIh.gif[/imgfit]

How Do I Have the Best Chance of Winning?

We're looking for avatars that are unique, and in line with PIMD's theme and style. Will it fit into the PIMD universe, while still standing out? Does it fit the contest's outlined theme? Is there a lot of quality to the design? Like, did this player actually put effort in or did they just put a bunch of colours inside some lines and called it a person? Does it showcase diversity? Does it make other players go, "That is a delighftul avatar, I would like to own it now pls"?

CREDITS
    header photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash

stDevil_Marcello likes this.
  2. Re: [CONTEST] Design Your Own Avatars!

Yay i like this idea

3. Re: [CONTEST] Design Your Own Avatars!

How many submissions can we do?

4. Re: [CONTEST] Design Your Own Avatars!

As many as you like, but you can only be nominated once!

5. Re: [CONTEST] Design Your Own Avatars!

Also I take u up on that burger rp offer.:)

6. Re: [CONTEST] Design Your Own Avatars!

But where's the monthly avatars and spinner combines?

7. Re: [CONTEST] Design Your Own Avatars!

It'll come out soon they are usually kind of late at times.

8. Re: [CONTEST] Design Your Own Avatars!

When you say “as a couple” does that mean in the same pic holding hands or whatever or just matching avis?

9. Re: [CONTEST] Design Your Own Avatars!

it’s a rough draft :)

I call her ‘Vanilla’

Winston should be familiar

10. Re: [CONTEST] Design Your Own Avatars!

Oooh, yay. Too bad I’m not very artistic. I’m better at using my hands and fingers in other things. like the violin.

But I’m excited to see what others post!

11. Re: [CONTEST] Design Your Own Avatars!

i hate y'all for doing this after i go inactive when ive been asking for it for 2 years ?

12. Re: [CONTEST] Design Your Own Avatars!

When is the dead line?

13. Re: [CONTEST] Design Your Own Avatars!

BRITT  CHILL LMAO

14. Re: [CONTEST] Design Your Own Avatars!

Noon feb 15

15. Re: [CONTEST] Design Your Own Avatars!

Omg brittany

16. Re: [CONTEST] Design Your Own Avatars!

Cool

17. Re: [CONTEST] Design Your Own Avatars!

how do I post my drawing?

18. Re: [CONTEST] Design Your Own Avatars!

:,)

19. Re: [CONTEST] Design Your Own Avatars!

Read the damn thread properly

20. Re: [CONTEST] Design Your Own Avatars!

upload your pic to imgur, copy the image url, then use this code in forums
    Code:
     [imgfit]image url here[/imgfit]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.