Device delinking now available!

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by pimd, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Hey everyone,

Players on iOS have probably noticed that it’s now possible to see which devices are linked to your account and that you can delink them! This feature was added to the system so everyone can have a better idea of what’s going on with their account. You can also can clean off old devices yourselves. :)
    This feature will be rolled out to Android devices in the near future as well.

Does this mean I can access another account on my phone?
    No. The rule of only one account per device is still in place.
    If you jump between accounts, your accounts will automatically be locked out by the system.
    See limitations below for more information.

What are all these devices?!
    So you might be wondering, “Why does it show that I have 3 devices linked to my account when I know I’ve only got the one device I’m playing on?”

We’re still tweaking the system, but right now, you may see more than 1 device list for each physical device that you use to on your account. The reasons for this could be due to several situations, some of which include:

• Factory resetting your device
    • For iOS accounts, deleting all of your ATA apps at once and reinstalling them

It is perfectly ok to delink any of the ‘devices’ that haven’t been accessed recently. You will not lose access to your account from the current device you’re on. You may see more than one device that have been accessed at the same time. Do not be alarmed, this may be due to a legacy system for iOS, showing both the old and new device identifiers.

If you disconnect your current device that you are logged in on, you will be taken back to the username and account recovery screen, where you can use your ATA ID or Facebook to log into your account. Please note that if you have exceeded your transfer limit listed below, disconnecting your current device will lock you out of the game.

Limitations
    Please note that we do have limitations on this system so people can not abuse it.

If your account or device hits any of the thresholds below, it may be locked out:
    • Maximum number of devices reached on a single account (5 devices max)
    • Maximum number of accounts accessed by a unique device reached (5 accounts max)
    • Device swaps (switching between devices, 5 device swap max) threshold reached
    • Factory resetting too many times (five times max)
    • For iOS accounts, if you delete all ATA Apps and reinstall. This can contribute to the “maximum number of devices” counter (5 devices max).

You can see the current number of devices linked to your account, however there is also a counter for anytime a device is added. This counter is reduced by 1 each year. If you reach this limit or the limits described above, your account or device will be locked out by the system.

If your account is locked out by the system, it is not possible for us to remove this lock.

What happens when your device or account is locked out:
    • If you device is locked out, you will be able to access the last account that was on it.
    • If you account is locked out, you will be able to access it on the last device it was on.
    • You will not be able to add your account to anymore devices, and if you have factory reset you will not be able to regain access to your account, (as a factory reset counts against the device limit)

You can still access your account from devices you already have linked. If you have added new devices but are in fact the same device (factory reset, app reinstall.), it will still count towards to limit of 5 and will make your account inaccessible.

Because this is a new system, we will be doing a clean slate for everyone and resetting these threshold counters for all Pimd accounts.

Again, as a reminder you can only link up to 5 devices a year and the counter decays at a rate of 1 per year.

How to Delink a Device
    Currently this functionality is only available to Pimd accounts on iOS devices, but will be rolled out to Android and other ATA games in the near future.

• Go to Settings (top left corner of the main page)
      [​IMG]
    • Scroll down the page and you should start seeing all the devices linked to your account:
    • Simply hit the Disconnect button for the device you want delinked and you’re done. :)

If you have any questions about this, please post them in this thread and we’ll update with more information as needed :)

:) :) :)

2. TLDR:
    • You can delink old devices now!
      (Go to account settings and you'll see them!)
    • You're still only allowed one account per device.
      (If you swap between accounts they'll get locked out and we can't unlock it for you)
    • Don't freak out if there's more than one device on there, we're making it clearer soon.

Why is this a good thing?

• When you use the ATA ID or Facebook to transfer to a new device, you can now unlink your account from the old device.
    • Being able to delink old devices lets you free those devices up for alt accounts.

3. Q:
    A: Yes, your account will be able to be linked to a new device once the counter has gone down by one. The timer starts with the day you linked your last device.

Update: The device added/ factory reset count has been reset for all accounts. You should be able to regain access to it now, just don't hit the maximum limit or you'll get locked out again.

Q:
    A: You can relog into your account using your ATA ID or Facebook credentials. We have changed the system so it is not possible to delink devices unless you are able to relog in with one of these options.

If you delinked your account before we made that change, please email support@athinkingape.com and we will assist you in creating an ATA ID for your account.

Q:
    A: We are not saying this at all. What we are doing is giving players the ability to move their accounts to devices of their choice and in general have more control over their accounts.
    Because this can lead to multiple account abuse or account sharing/selling, we have put safe guards in.
    The maximum number of devices and factory resets may be adjusted over time as we feel is needed.

Q:
    A: Yes, you have the ability to delink devices via your iDevice. You can delink your android from it, but you cannot do any delinking from Android yet.
    Once we have rolled this out for Android as well you will be able to do this from either of your devices.

Q:
    A: Please note that this feature is not rolled out for Android accounts yet. If you are trying to view this from an Android device, you will not see any devices linked yet.
    We checked your account and can assure you that it is linked to your device.

Q:
    A: We highly recommend against linking your account to a public device.

Q:
    A: We're currently looking into this and will post more information on it soon.

Q:
    A: We have now reset all device limit counters for all Pimd accounts. Your account should be unlocked and you should be able to log into it on your current device if you choose to.
    Please note that if you swap between the two accounts on your device repeatedly, you will be locked out from your account again.

4. The new device and factory reset counter for all PIMD accounts has officially been reset.

5. I'm confused, can u explain it simpler for me?

6. I don't get it ._.

7. this is so confusing...mine 5/5 and never switch account 

8. I dont see it when i click the big S

9. When might we get me avatars

10. New*, could y'all change the banking thing. When you bank money you should get intrest thr longer you leave it there.should not cost you money to bank money what kind of bank is that

11. Whats the point in this? After all the emails to support about issues this is what yall come up with!? There are far more immediate and important things you guys could add to make gameplay better or safer and yet you come up with this.. wow 

12. Could i log out from face book?

13. What you don't understand I'll help you ? You can unlink your account now…say if your play pimd on apple and android than you wish to switch you can delink them meaning log out than log in with your ate information.hope that helps of you have more questions you can wall me

14. Lol @ "TLDR"

15. iOs only at the moment,and better they do something rather than nothing

16. I don't agree with some terms, like factory resetting, what if the phone crashed and reset on it's own, or there might be instances where it is important to reset for some purposes which we can not avoid? I think it's kind of unfair... 

17. I agree with them  I have terrible luck when it comes to phones mine basically needs a tank to keep it safe and I would probably still find a way to break it so factory reset or whatever is not fair at all also what about the people that switch phones due to their job..? Ik a lot of people who are phone test subjects! This has too many hoops that need to be jumped through before you put it out for the public. Also this was a terrible thing to put out it did not support or improve the game play at all! Huge disappointment!!!! 

18. I never link my account  or Facebook