Upcoming Forum Revamp

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Hey everyone,

Tomorrow we're going to be rolling out an updated forum theme, as well as a few new features to improve your forum experience.

In addition to the updated forum theme, there are a few changes to make it easier than ever to understand threads.

Announcements will have a Speaker icon, as well as a red-tinted background.

Stickied Topics will have a Pin icon, as well as a blue-tinted background.

Locked Announcements and Stickies will have diagonal lines.

Locked Posts will have diagonal lines and/or a Lock icon.

Unread Posts icons will appear dark purple in colour,

Read Posts icons will appear light purple in colour.

Topics you've posted in will have a light purple fill inside the icon

Posts themselves will also look quite a bit different, providing a more streamlined user profile above each post.

This profile box contains:
    - Username
    - Post Count
    - Post Date
    - Online Status Indicator
    - Delete/Edit/Quote buttons
    - Report Button (see below)

You will also be better able to identify members of the A Thinking Ape team, as well as our Moderators by a uniquely coloured profile box.

In addition to this coloured profile box, A Thinking Ape team members will have an Ape Icon beside their username, as well as their position listed below.

Over the next few days we'll be working to get a number of different members of our team on the forums, and will transition away from our existing pimd_admin/pimd_community naming scheme to a more personal one. Stay tuned for details.

Reporting

With this update, we're implementing a trial run of forum-based reporting. When you see a post that violates the Forum Code of Conduct tap the report icon on that post, select the appropriate report reason, provide details (when necessary), and send it our way. We'll review these reports regularly.

Our goal is to better address forum violations and create a more welcoming and friendly environment.

2. Loving the reporting section ️

3. This report button will fail. Someone will just report out for spiteful reasons due to butthurt. But good update :) phpp so advanced

4. Reports are still reviewed manually. Those who repeatedly abuse the feature may have it removed or disabled.

5. I do agree on this ppl will abuse the report button

6. But thats just me, everyone has there rights to their own opinion. #PimdIsLyfe

7. I love thisssss

8. Also, Time to take screenshots of old forums layout. In memory

9. oh good ! ?

10. Say goodbye to corkboard :p

11. How dare you update me!

12. :) I'm excited for this new updated!

I'm sure there will be people who will report threads just because they are upset about something.. so I'm glad you guys will review them manually and are able to disable the feature for those who abuse it.

13. Is the online status indicator only for those you have followed, or will we see when anyone is on/offline?

14. O, will your name be Sharkboy?

15. ?Flocc, Just letting you know. Your my forum idol! You are what keep me running!?

16. Whyyyyy I like forums like this!!!?

17. Haha, tempting, but at the moment we're leaning towards actual names. So you can curse our names when we break things :p

It's based on everyone's forum activity, if they're online/offline on the forums. This technically already exists on the forums if you view them through a PC (not that you can post from there though).