New & Improved Chat Filter

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Today we're announcing changes to our chat filter that should lead to a better experience for everyone.

Up until now filtered words have been starred out, making them easy to understand. This led to filtered words taking the place of the actual words while retaining their toxic effect.

The new filter will behave as follows;

When you post a prohibited word on the forums prohibited word it will simply be removed from your post.

When you attempt to post a prohibited word in game you will receive an error message and the message will not be sent.

As always, attempting to bypass the filter, or self censor (using stars, or other characters) can result in a silence. Additionally we remind players that even if content doesn't bypass the filter its context is still taken to account.

Let's keep things clean and enjoyable for all 

2. Re: New

Are you fucking serious?

3. no wonder I couldnt say cuss words XD

4. Re: New

Can we test it on this thread?

5. If taking into account all insinuations shouldn't y'all take a look at context pimd uses such as... "Blow your WOD"? Which is mildly explained in description as an innocent thannnggg the obvious implication is implied. Good luck with your changes ^.^

6. kik isnt filtered guess I can say it on campus

7. Re: New

It won't even let you post in cc. This shit is hella gay.

8. Re: New

Wowwwwwwwww

9. What the hell is this?

10. Re: New

@Pimd_Community

If I understand, you cannot write **** anymore.

I.e: Go eat a big *****
    Go eat a big apple.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That's silenceable?

11. Re: New

Wtf this is awful

12. As a note, while there are words that may not be covered in the filter (it's impossible to filter every possible word or combination out there) the context of message can also lead to a silence.

13. Re: New

Get rid of this dumb feature. If you want to cater to young kids then drop the 17 plus and make it 9 plus just like smash.

14. Re: New

Awesome.........

15. Re: New

Rp ROLEPLAY

16. Re: New

 a nice improvement for once.

17. Re: New

18. @pimd_c. What are you? Some religious but or a prude?
    Some of us enjoy cursing in cc. This a stupid feature. Lol good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.