Random Tips

Discussion in 'Fan Creations' started by -PA_KaramelApples-, May 26, 2019.

1. I’ll be updating this thread with other little tidbits of information I find, but for now I didn’t want to overwhelm that one thread with information, so here you go:

Tips

1) Quickly search and find a thread on Forums:

Use your buttons!

The first button, underneath “Search Within”, will specify where exactly you’re searching for your keyword and/or poster/author (I’ll show an example later)

The second button, underneath “Display results as:” will allow you to see individual posts including the keyword vs. seeing the thread as a whole.

For example: If you were to search “Introducing” in the Keyword bar, and you have both the “Topic Titles only” and Topics” selected, your results would appear like this:

And that’s how you can quickly search and find threads! This also trick also works when looking up people’s messages, and/or searching for threads that they’ve created.

Other Useful Threads

Muschi and Seriously like this.
  2. Not interested

3. Oh the old forums UI 😭💔

5. I tried to find complete lists of threads made by a single player, or simply restricting the search results to titles which was achievable by selecting "search within title" in the old forums. But I can't find a way in new forums. If anyone can figure out a method to do this, please share it.

Muschi likes this.
  7. I mean I'm starting to play around with it, I found a way to do something similar, but it brings up all the comments that the one specific person made

Seriously likes this.
  9. It does both actually, comments & threads

10. I think he was looking for separation specifically though, like just threads or just posts which would be nice

Seriously likes this.
  11. You can go to the person's forum profile, and as long as they're not set on private, go to "posting", then scroll down and you'll see "Find All Threads Made By blah blah blah"

12. How???

13. They took forum profiles off last upgrade ☹

14. Omg noooooo :< well in that case what I said previously is useless lol. I'll try finding a different way

#14 -PA_KaramelApples-, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    Muschi and Maddi_Matsu like this.