Guide For New Players

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Jerk123123, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Guide For New Players

Hi, if you are a new player on PiMD you're reading the right thread. Here, I will try to explain how to get started playing and mention some taboos within the community.

I want this thread to be as effective as it can be, so I will organize and present everything in the following order:

1. Jobs

2. Volley to 5kcs
    • Getting the volley
    • Reaching 5kcs

3. Making Money After 5kcs
    • No more volleys
    • Party
    • Job
    • Hitting Others
      • Farm Inactives
      • Hit off People list

4. Saving Money
    • Max Plunder

5. Upgrading Past 5kcs
    • Links to other guides

6. PiMD Rules
    • Links

1. Jobs

When you first start playing the game, go to the job section and start doing jobs. The first few jobs should be very easy and give you money fairly quickly. As you get the money do not upgrade. Instead keep earning money and save up, you'll understand why further on in the thread.

Do the jobs until they become Very Difficult:

[​IMG]

2. Volley to 5kcs

Now that you have some money, it’s time to start upgrading. Lucky for you, the upgrade to 5kcs (5,088 combined stats) is super easy. To upgrade to 5kcs you must find someone willing to volley you (hire you back and forth) to approximately 300m.

Getting the volley

The best way to get volleyed is using campus chat.

There are two ways that you can use campus chat to get a volley. You can either ask for a volley by saying something along the lines of “I’m new please volley me to 300m,” or you can scout campus chat waiting for someone who is looking to volley someone new.

If you decide to post on campus, you'll be easily noticed because all players who have played for less than one week show up gray in campus and club chat:

In this photo, -Don-Cheto- is a new player (your name will appear grey your first 7 days), while nerdy_eddie has played for longer.

Since, you’re just starting and you don’t have speakers yet, option 2 is probably the best. However, if you want to ask for a volley instead of waiting for someone, you can buy speakers in the store.

Scroll down to the bottom of the store.

Speakers cost 1 extra credit (ec). To get ec you can either job or purchase them for real money. This guide explains the details of earning ec.

Once you open a certain number of dorms you'll start getting 5 speakers a day. You also have the chance of winning speakers from the prize spinner.

Here is a link to a thread explaining the prize spinner.

Reaching 5kcs

After being volleyed to 250-300m you’ve earned a lot of money. Yay, Upgrading time!

To upgrade, go to your dorm.

After you reach your dorm, click an empty dorm room

[​IMG]

Open the dorm. You should now have 2 open dorm rooms (one that you got during the tutorial and the one you opened just now). Open 10 more dorms to have a total of 12 open. After you have 12 open dorms, evict the person in your first dorm. Do this by clicking on them and then pressing evict.

[​IMG]

After all your dorms are empty, start putting people in them. You want 6 Jocks and 6 Hackers in your dorm (you can put in other dormmates that cost the same, 225k, if you want) . After you put each one of them into your rooms, start leveling them up. The dormmates that cost 225k are commonly referred to as T2.

[​IMG]

You want all your dormmates to be at Level 4 (Seniors).

You are now 5kcs.

3. Making Money After 5kcs

Now that you are 5kcs you can no longer rely on volleys to upgrade.

No more volleys

While volleys give okay money, you will not be able to upgrade with them because upgrading is going to get more expensive.

You're next crew will be 16m just for level 1. A hire gives you only 1m.

In addition to not paying well, volleying also tends to annoy many people in the community. Often times when people ask for volleys to help them upgrade they get rude and mean responses.

For these reasons you should stay away from volleying as a way to upgrade. But don't fret! There are other ways to get money, and they're quicker.

Party

Partying is a very effective way to upgrade. When you're just starting, as you are when you're 5kcs, you can probably upgrade after each party.

In order to party you need to join a club. The best way to join a club that's partying is to ask in campus chat who is doing a party, look for advertisements in campus, or go to Campus Buzz and then select Parties.

[​IMG]" style="max-width: 100%;" />

When you are in a club, you can easily get to the party by clicking the red square on the homepage. That will take you to the party. Once you're there, click attack and start hitting!

[​IMG]

As you will find out while partying, some actions give money while others don't. In the end of the party you will be paid regardless of what you hit.

Parties have the following actions and hit patterns:

The "-" sign represents a 5 minute regeneration period. The number represents how many times to hit. When the pattern is over, restart it and keep hitting.

Rave/Eat/Swipe: 2-1-
    Snark/Peace-Sign/Fight: 2-2-2-2-1-
    Sigh/Giggle/Brofist: 5-4-
    Lecture/Facepalm/Chug: 3-3-

The first two actions listed in the above list pay money when the successful action occurs.

If you don't want to logon every 5 minutes, you can just unload and come back in an hour!

The best paying party is Cat Cafe. It pays about 5x more than regular parties, but requires a hypnocat to start it.

The second best paying party is Pizza Pop (Art). It pays approximately 2-3x more than a regular easy party and requires a pizza bikini to start.

No matter what party you're doing, you should always have enough tutors for max plunder. When you have enough tutors your plunder will increase by more than 2x! (Max plunder is discuused in more detail in the section titled Max Plunder).

Hypnocats and Bikinis can either be won from a party, as a rare drop, or bought from the store for 69ec (hypnocat) or 35ec (pizza bikini).

Here is a link to a thread naming some clubs that have no stat limit and you'll probably be accepted to right away.

Job

After the jobs start getting difficult, you start failing more and getting less money.

So, why do them? Well, as you complete sets of jobs you get money and dn bonuses (doctors notes which bring you to full health).

Hit Others

Another way to get money is by hitting others. When hitting others make sure to have enough tutor bonus for max plunder (this is explained in the section titled Max Plunder).

To be able to hit someone you need to go to their profile and click Battle.

[​IMG]

When hitting you have 4 options. You can fight, dance-off, prank, or eavsedrop.

[​IMG]

For the best plunder hit in the following order (depending on which action you do).

To not clog up to much space, the "-" sign will symbolize a 5 minute waiting period where you regenerate and the numbers are the amount of times you want to hit.

Fight: 2-2-2-2-1-
    Dance-off: 2-1-
    Prank: 3-
    Eavsedrop: 5-4-

After a cycle is complete, repeat. Each of the cycles listed above will bring you to full energy once completed.

There are two types of players you can hit, inactives and actives. Hitting Inactives is explained in the next section (Farm Inactives). And hitting actives is explained in the section afterwards (Hit off people list)

Farm Inactives

When you hit inactives, it's referred to as farming inactives. Farming is hitting 5 or more times in 24 hours. Inactives are players who no longer play the game and therefore will not hit back if you hit them.

This is a great way to make money until you can hit PRO parties.

Here is the most current list of farms. Before hitting double check that they are inactive because occasionally people become active again.

Hit off People list

If you like being risky, you can also hit off the people list. The people list, usually called the Battle List (BL), is full of active players around the same stats as you.

If you are using the BL, you can hit straight from there.

When hitting off the BL, remember that you are hitting active players and will most likely be hit back. Possibly more times than you hit.

BL hitting is a fairly controversial topic in PiMD. Some people support it, others don't. There have been many arguments about it. In general, people tend not to use it, but there are a few players who do use it. It is not against any rules.

4. Saving Money

Once you have an efficient way to make money, you should start saving.

Max Plunder

The main reason you want to start saving is to get to your max plunder. Max plunder is the most amount of money that you can earn when hitting a party or another player. You can get max plunder by having 15m x your kcs in tutors. So, if you are 5kcs, you want 5 x 15m = 75m in tutors.

If you want to read more about max plunder, check this guide.

5. Upgrading Past 5kcs

After you have saved some money it is finally time to upgrade! The following is how I would recommend to upgrade after you've reached 5kcs, some people may have different opinions, but this is probably the most cost effective way.

T2 ($225k)

1. Put in 12 more $225k (T2) dormmates and upgrade them to level 4 (at this point you will have 24 T2 dormmates).

T3 (16m)

2. Replace the T2 dormmates with the level 1 T3 (16m) dormmates.

3. Upgrade the T3 dormmates to level 2.

4. Upgrade the T3 dormmates to level 3.

5. Upgrade the T3 dormmates to level 4.

6. You should now have 24 T3 level 4 dormmates.

T4 (600m)

7. Replace the T3 dormmates with the level 1 T4 dormmates (600m).

8. Open more dorms (you want a total of 32 open) and put in t4 level 1 dormmates in them.

9. Upgrade the T4 dormmates to level 2.

10. After you have 32 T4 level 2 dormmates, stop upgrading them and skip straight to the T5 dormmates (10b). This will save you a lot of money.

T5 (10b)

11. Replace the T4 dormmates with the level 1 T5 dormmates (10b).

12. Open the remaining dorms and put in T5 level 1 dormmates in. You should now have 36 T5 level 1 dormmates.

13. Upgrade the T5 dormmates to level 2.

14. After you have 36 T5 level 2 dormmates, stop upgrading them and skip straight to the T7 dormmates (80b). This will save you a lot of money.

T7 (80b)

15. Replace the T5 level 2 dormmates with the T7 level 1 dormmates.

16. You have now upgraded to the maximum level.

While putting in dormmates, make sure to keep buying tutors. You want 15m x your kcs in tutors at all times to have max plunder.

Links to other guides

Here are links to guides that explain things related to upgrading in more detail:

Beginner's Mega-Guide by -Blizzard
    • This guide is also a guide for New Players. It goes into more details about clubs and a few other topics than this guide.

6. PiMD Rules

Like almost everything, PiMD has rules. Some of the major rules are no bypassing, spamming, or threatening.

Bypassing would be going around the filter. For example, lets say that when you type the word pie it shows up as a blank (in forums) or gives you an error message (anywhere else in PiMD). It is against PiMD's rules to try and make the word show up by using letters with accents, numbers, spaces, or any other characters. Writing the world like pîe, p i e, p1e, p*e, or pié... would get you silenced.

Spamming is different in different places. On campus chat spamming would be posting the same/similar thing 3 or more times in a 5 minute period. If it is an advertisement for a club, spamming would be posting the ad 5 or more times in 5 minutes. On forums, spamming is posting 3 or more threads in a 24 hour period...

Threatening would be making serious death threats and such; basically things that may pose danger to another person.

Links

Consider taking a look at the Rules of Conduct (RoU) and the Terms of Use (ToU). All the rules of PiMD are explained there. I would recommend reading this to avoid being silenced and potentially banned for breaking the rules.

Another helpful thing to know would be support's email. Support's email is support@athinkingape.com. when emailing them, include the following in the email:
    • your username
    • the game you play (pimd)
    • a description of the issue

You can email them for a variety of reasons such as asking questions, reporting someone breaking ToU/RoC, appealing for an unsilence/unban, and to edit your thread. The support team is friendly and answers as soon as they can.

If you have any further questions or are unclear about something, feel free to ask here or wall me for clarification.

✨☀️↝❥мͥɑgͣsͫ✾↜☀️✨

" style="max-width: 100%;" />

Klassy, sia619, Sakur00 and 1 other person like this.
  • NICE JOB! 

• ??shoot, i just saw someone posted a similar guide. Ill have to add it to the other guides section.

• Thanks

•  Mags, this is beautiful!! Imma send my new tutes here for sure! Thank you for your effort, and simple, easy to understand language!! 

• Thanks Ahlii hope your tuts like it

• I like the blue arrows ?

• Great job mags

• thanksiesi didnt want to use the red onesblue represent?

•  Nice mags! I love the thread!

• ? I think I see a sticky coming up

• Wonderful guide very informative and organized!

• I like the amount money she hav ?

• Thanks ant and sammi

And yesim saving for a friend.

•  you did not.

•  where's the guy that flips tables? Did he quit?

...... I think he did. Shit!

• Another amazing Guide by mags!  Great job dear!

• The Guide is very nice though 

•  Question. What noob is going to see this?

And follow-up question: What noob is going to actually WANT to read this? 

The best way noobs learn is through good pupils, and good clubs  If they can find those two things, they're good to go. A little common sense will help as well (but most people on pimd are clearly lacking that)

And before someone says that finding a good pupil and good club is hard.... It's really not. As a new player, you WILL get hired DUH! So reach out to your new pupil and ASK QUESTIONS.  it's not complicated.

And that's actually waaaaay easier that looking for a thread on forums. Especially since most noobs can't even find forums, let alone figure out where everything is or how to post.

• I love everything you do. . MAGS FOR..... THAT AWARD THING!! ???