Oreo's Guide to Battles

Discussion in 'Guides' started by I-Love-Oreo-Pie, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Welcome to...

Oreo's Guide to Battles

I saw that there was no active guide to battles/battling, so I thought I'd make one

Table of Contents
    1. Introduction to Battles
    2. How to Battle
    3. Strength/Intelligence Bonus
    4. Fighting
    5. Dancing Off
    6. Eavesdropping
    7. Pranking
    8. Helpful Strategies While Battling
    9. Terms You Should Know
    10. Helpful Guides You Should Check Out!
    11. Ending

1. Introduction to Battles
    Battles are types of attacks that mainly use strength. There are four different types of battles on PIMD: fighting, dancing off, eavesdropping, and pranking. Winning battles is based on yours and your opponent's strength and intelligence bonus, which is located on your profiles, as shown below.
    [​IMG]

2. How to Battle
    In order to battle, you must first visit a player's profile, then press the 'Battle' button in the lower right corner.
    [​IMG]
    Once on the battle screen, as shown below, you may pick which attack you want to use.
    [​IMG]

3. Strength/Intelligence Bonus
    Your strength/intelligence bonus is what is used to compare yourself to the player you're battling. Your crew, specific gifts, showcase items, battle items, tutors, and ID Photos contribute to your strength/intelligence bonus. You can see your strength/intelligence bonuses when you scroll down on your Profile, as shown below.
    [​IMG]

On the home screen, the red bar and the blue bar has your strength/intelligence health, the red being strength and blue being intelligence.
    [​IMG]

You can find your strength/intelligence bonus on your profile, which is what you should use to compare with other players when battling. For example, my strength bonus, shown below, is 13,016. I shouldn't be battling someone with 20,000 or so, should I? No; I should be battling someone with around 5,000-10,000 strength bonus.
    [​IMG]

4. Fighting
    [​IMG]
    Fighting is a type of attack that mainly uses your 'strength' stat. Your strength is the red bar, which can be found on the home screen.

When you are fighting, it will give you one of five messages:

You crushed them like an insect.
    This means that the fight wasn't even close, and you can probably fight that person again and win.

It was a close fight, but you won!
    This means that either your strength is getting low, or your opponent is too strong for you. You should either buy/use attack items, use a Doctor's Note, battle a different player, or wait to regen.

They got lucky and tripped you up.
    This means that you should have won, but the odds were not in your favor that time. Try again!

You almost won...but almost doesn't count does it?
    This means that you almost won, and you probably won't win the next battle either.

You were beat up pretty badly.
    This means that you had little chance of winning the fight, if any. Either your strength is too low, or your opponent is too strong for you.

5. Dancing Off
    [​IMG]
    A dance-off is a type of attack that mainly uses your 'intelligence' stat. Your intelligence is the blue bar, which can be found on the home screen.

When you are dancing off, it will give you one of five messages:

Their pathetic dance moves were no match for yours. You are a DANCE MASTER!
    This means that the dance-off wasn't even close, and you can probably battle that person again and win.

After an epic dance-off battle, the crowd cheered you on as the winner.
    This means that either your intelligence is getting low, or your opponent is too strong for you. You should either buy/use attack items, use a Doctor's Note, battle a different player, or wait to regen.

You forgot your lucky dancing shoes and could not perform well.
    This means that you should have won, but the odds were not in your favor that time. Try again!

The crowd booed you off stage after a long and tiring dance battle.
    This means that you almost won, and you probably won't win the next dance-off either. You probably have 50% health or lower.

Their Blue Steel stare froze you in place, making you unable to dance.
    This means that you had little chance of winning the dance-off, if any. Either your intelligence is too low, or your opponent is too strong for you.

6. Eavesdropping
    Eavesdropping is a type of attack that mainly uses your 'intelligence' stat. Eavesdropping is different from all of the other attacks. It gives you what chance you have of winning the next battle (in %) and shows you their dorms and crew. It will look something like this:

When you are eavesdropping, it will give you one of five messages:

It was easy to figure out their plans, since they left their diary out in the open.
    This means that you weren't even close to losing, and you can probably battle them again and win.

You broke into their locker and found their secret diary.
    This means that either your intelligence is getting low, or your opponent is too strong for you. You should either buy/use attack items, use a Doctor's Note, battle a different player, or wait to regen.

You forgot to turn on your hidden camera. What a waste!

You left your wallet in their dorm room and got caught. That was dumb!
    This means that you almost won, and you probably won't succeed the next time either. You probably have less than 50% health or lower.

You fell out of a tree while trying to peek in their dorm room.
    This means that you basically had little to no chance of winning. Either your intelligence is too low, or your opponent is too strong for you. I suggest you stop right there.

7. Pranking
    Pranking is a type of attack that mainly uses the 'strength' stat. Pranking is mostly used for getting rid of your opponent's items or lowering their energy so you can win when doing a dance-off or fighting.

When you are pranking, it will give you one of five messages:

They practically walked into your prank.
    This means that you weren't even close to losing, and you can probably battle that person again and win.

You avoided being discovered while pulling off your prank. Good job!
    This means that either your strength is getting low, or your opponent is too strong for you. You should either buy/use attack items, use a Doctor's Note, battle a different player, or wait to regen.

You forgot to light the cherry bomb. D'oh!
    This means that you almost won, and you probably won't succeed next time either. You probably have less than 50% health or lower.

Your stink bomb blew up in your face. Ewwwww!
    This means that you basically had little to no chance of winning. Either your strength is too low, or your opponent is too strong for you. I suggest you stop right there.

8. Helpful Strategies While Battling
    Sometimes, battling can be confusing, especially to players new to the game. Here are some helpful strategies while you battle:
    1. Hire tutors. Some of the new players are probably thinking, "But how does buying something earn me money?" Well, when you buy a tutor, not only does it boost your stats (based on their stats), but it also gives you a thing called 'Tutor Bonus', which gives you more money when you battle.
    2. Strip Farming. Strip farming is defined as farming and stripping someone continuously. This is helpful if a lot of their stats are coming from tutors. When you take their tutors, you are making them weaker, depending on the stats the tutor(s) have.
    3. Potting Up. By buying attack items at the store, they will boost your strength/intelligence bonus, giving you a higher chance of winning a battle. REMEMBER: Each attack/defense item is good for only one use. You have to buy multiple attack/defense items for multiple uses.
    4. Farming Inactives. By farming inactive players, all of the drama and whining about being farmed will be over!
    5. Putting Money in a Bank. If you don't want the benefits of hiring tutors because you're afraid no one will ever hire them from you, then put your money in the bank. But remember, you will lose 20% of what you put in, and the minimum deposit is $3,250,000.

9. Terms You Should Know
    Here is a list of terms you might need to know while you're battling:
    • Battle- a way to earn money consisting of four different types of battles that use either strength or intelligence.
    • Bank- a place where your money cannot be taken from you.
    • CS/KCS- combined stats/thousand combined stats, which is your strength and intelligence bonus added together.
    • Dance-Off a type of attack that mainly uses your 'intelligence' stat.
    • DTS- Defender Too Strong, which means that either you are too weak to battle that person, or they are pinned.
    • DTW- Defender Too Weak, which means that either you are too strong for them, or they are pinned.
    • Farming- to hit one person 5x or more in a 24 hour period.
    • Hit- to fight someone or dance-off.
    • Inactive Farm- someone who no longer plays PIMD that you can farm without drama.
    • NP- not pinned.
    • OAF- Open Attack Farm, which is a person that has a higher 'strength' stat who allows free fights.
    • ODF- Open Dance Farm, which is a person that has a higher 'intelligence' stat who allows free dance-offs.
    • Permafarm- someone who you permanently farm.
    • Pin- to battle somebody until they are too weak to attack.
    • Plunder- the cash you earn from a battle.
    • Pots- battle items from the Store that increase your chances of winning.
    • Potting Up- buying pots from the Store.
    • Stats- your bonus to your pupil.
    • Strip- to hire someone's tutors.
    • Strip farm- to continuously strip and farm a player.

10. Helpful Guides You Should Check Out!
    These are the guides that helped me complete this guide:

ABC's of PIMD
    By: -Zeuss-

Epicly's Guide to Battles
    By: -AC-EpiclyImmortalized_Isaac-

Bunanza's Guide to PimD Battle v2.1
    By: BunanzaLuvsOlivia

11. Ending
    Thank you, thank you. Thank you for reading this guide, and if you post nice comments, thank you in advance! Don't I say 'thank you' a lot? Good. Thank you for noticing.

WARNING: I-Love-Oreo-Pie is not responsible for any drama involved with an active player you thought was inactive. I-Love-Oreo-Pie is also not responsible for any money loss you experience, or getting farmed in return. Battle at your own risk.

2. Dang. I forgot to put in the last message for pranking

3. Nice thread 

4. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang, nice thread

5. Thaaaaaaaaaaaank you

6. Sometimes I look in the food multiple times in a few minutes to see if there is anything new in it

7. Fridge for food* ;D

8.  Well Done I say

9. If you have low odds of winning a dance and you win it will say "you pulled off a beautiful running man at the end" or something similar. There's one for fights too but I forget what it is

10. And good thread  I believe pranking is intel as well but im not sure

11. Absolutely beautiful.

12. Hmmm.... I think this is an interesting attempt for a thread about battles, well done

13. I like this guide.

14. Well, this was the era when forums were good.

15. This needs one of those sticky thingys for new players.