Military Life.

Discussion in 'Best Of' started by Mikeyy, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I am Staff Srgt. Mike Curtis of the United States Marine Corp., I am based in Cape Town, Africa and have been since August of 2010. I'm writing this because so many people always ask what's it like to me a Marine. So here it is...

Even before I was born my father was in the army, I believe he joined in 1976. He pushed me my whole life to be strong and be the best I can be. I won't lie some of his tactics were the most orthodox but they worked. I was beaten from the time I was 6 til about 3 years ago. I am almost 19. If you ask if I still hold that against my father honestly I'd have to tell you no. I believe what he did was wrong yes, but it turned me out to be there person I am.

At age 13 I started doing drugs and drinking, I was out every night partying and living the life I wanted to have, god was I wrong.

At age 16 my girlfriend(future fiancé) was pregnant with my daughter. Unfortunately on January 15,2010 my daughter died in my arms on the day of her birth. I missed my little girl, I still do... And not only did this tragic event crush everything I was made of, inside it strengthened me, my little girl somehow gave me the strength to move on and continue to be the best I can be.

When I joined the army I thought I could just lay back do my time and get the he'll out of there. But after I went though terrorizing training 9weeks of boot camp. I decided I'm not letting this go to waste so I joined the Officers School and continued on my journey. I received Alpha rank on my weapons training and combat training. Soon through my year and a half in I have grown through the ranks and I'm trying my best to keep going.

The life of a Marine is a long and painful road. But this road will lead you to one of great responsibility and obedience. You will learn to be thankful for each and everything you have and/or ever will have.

Thanks for reading my thread I hope it benefits someone. If anyone would like to ask questions please feel free to post in my wall.

2. Great writeup mike :)

3. Thanks bro

4. Mike that was amazing and very inspiring. I wish the best of luck to you down the path of your life, god bless you

5. Thank you, and the same to you hun I appreciate it very much.

6. Welcome

7. Whereas I only joined the RAAF because I didn't know what else to do. I enjoyed recruits (basic training) and my initial employment training, but after that it was not great. I left early instead of completing my contracted time.

I had always wanted to be a librarian, even before the air force, and so that's what I'm studying towards. I love it (books rule!) I still respect those who serve in their countries military, however it's not the job for me.

Thanks for the info on the marines. Have you ever read Ice Station by Matthew Reilly? It's about Marines and a really good book.

8. No I haven't but I will be sure to look into it thanks!

9. Fantastic book. Fantastic Aussie author. Also wrote area7 and scarecrow (both about marines) also wrote temple, contest and the jack west jr series. 7 ancient wonders. Sic sacred stones and 5 ancient wonders which are also fantastic books about an ex Aussie sas member. All fantastic books and highly recommend :)

10. *Noted *

11. What kind of drugs

12. Weed?

Crack?

meth?

What?

13. Semper Fi Mike.

Military life is a hard one.
    My name is Sgt. Tim Holman Camp Lejeune, NC. Ret.

14. Semper Fi Srgt. And I was shootin up heroine at age 16, E, coke, weed, pills, opiates you name it I was probably doing it, but I went to rehab for it and that helped alot but with the love and support of my family I got through the addiction

15. Mickeyy u seem like a really great person and I have the highest amount of respect for the fact that u made it through everything u have been through and as such a great guy :)

16. I really appreciate that Peyton! That means the most to me, the fact that people don't judge me anymore for the person I was but the person I am! Thank you!

17. whoa

shooms too??

18. Yes that was my 2nd drug of choice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.