[Opinions] Age

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nemo, May 21, 2019.

1. *takes notes*

2. It’s not that bad, it’s probably more fun if you can legally drink tho

3. Same : (

4. I have been drinking kool aid jammers since I was 3.. I got a problem. ☹

5. Drink root beer not actual beer

6. i still do it anyway ?

7. No shame in that those are pretty good

8. Here you are considered as ”youth” until like you are 30. Because you still study in uni and such. I’m 24, don’t consider myself an adult i any way

9. Who cares? Drinking isn't healthy, productive, or even that fun.

10 year olds can't drive cars because they aren't responsible enough yet. 18 year olds can't drink because they can't drink responsibly yet. It's for your own good, quit bïtching.

10. Actually they can drink in the uk

11. ^ Not just the UK. A lot of countries have 18 as the legal drinking age, or sometimes even younger (Germany is 15 for example). In the U.S., it used to be 18 as well but was changed to 21 because of the amount of DUIs and accidents caused by drunk driving in the 20 and under age group. Because at the time (70s/80s) seat belts were not generally required by law, drunk driving accidents were usually pretty violent. The lobbyist group Mothers Against Drunk Driving campaigned for the legal drinking age to be changed to 21, and the government complied.

12. YES! Because, you're no longer a teen when you turn twenty.

13. Exactly my point. They don't drink responsibly.

Youngsters don't have A beer with friends. They have 10, then go do stupid stuff.

14. I have a root beer with friends
    On the rocks ?

15. If you're old enough to walk you're old enough to plead your case in front of a jury and face electrocution.

16. I think it's a cultural thing in part. I don't think other countries have many issues with the same age group having a very increased chance of drunk driving accidents and general DUIs. I feel like the idea of binge drinking is kind of glorified in my age group.

17. Honestly i dont consider any age to be considered as an adult. Everyone is a kid to someone else older than themselves.

18. Even grown aged humans do the same regardless.