Salience

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by -LxA_Adieva-, Sep 24, 2012.

1. False alarm... I'm still gonna see this story till the end^^' Sorry about that, but I just didn't want to put the effort into a lost cause

You know what'd be nice? A personal editor/proofreader.

Besides that, I have no other thoughts... So, without further ado, Please Enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~6~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was another week till I finally decided to return to school. Well I didn't exactly decide it. Luca and Maci came over yesterday and lectured me like one of those strict parents. "Education is important! You can't second guess it."

"Do you plan on flipping burgers in the future?"

"Skipping is for losers... And Nikki Armel is NOT a loser."

Even my own dad doesn't say such cheesy parental things, but I wanted to be spared another round of scolding with the two so I agreed to return.

I pulled into the school parking lot in a White Mercedes AMG, and drove down to my spot near the school. Grabbing my things from the side seat, I stepped out into the cool morning adjusting my cream knit scarf with the navy stitched ends and instinctively thought about Tai.

I still had that navy sweater he lent me and I planned on returning it to him, as well as offering an apology. Remembering the fight, feelings of dread filled me and I wondered what I should say. I mean should I really apologize? It's not like I asked him to come save me or anything, though I do appreciate his meddling.

I entered the large wooden double doors of school, and made my way to my locker, raking my mind for things I would say once I faced Tai.

Shit... Speak of the devil.. He was at his locker, with Leo, a smart guy with a boy-next-door door sort of charm. They seemed to be deep in conversation about something and seeing Tai looking all cheerful and at peace somehow put me feel light.

That is, till I caught my self smiling. I blanched and immediately wiped the small smile that seem to sneak onto my face without me noticing. It spooked me and a immediately rushed by, hoping to go by unnoticed with his conversation keeping him occupied.

"Morning gorgeous," came a smooth voice behind me. Looks like Leo didn't do his part in distracting him well.

In panic, I quickly picked up my pace, hoping to act like I didn't hear him. I was not ready to meet him face to face yet and I still need to come up with a sincere speech. However, that too, didn't work and he caught up. He lightly tugged back on my arms, and, despite it being light, it was enough to throw me off balance and I fell onto his unexpectedly wide chest.

A feverish blush colored my cheeks as I pushed him back and away from me. My heart felt like it was running a marathon while I attempted to gather my thoughts. Looks like this confrontation did not want to wait.

"Er... Sorry about that, I didn't mean to pull you so hard," he said worry etched clearly on his face. "Are you ok?"

"It's fine, I'm usually clumsy in the morning times," I reply spontaneously, surprised at sudden burst of honesty.

This seemed to put him and at ease and he flashed me his brilliant smile. "Well then, I'm glad. Can't piss off a beauty you know. Just won't do. Though I gots admit, you being clumsy shocks me."

I snort in amusement. "Does it now? Sorry for ruining your expectations. Guess I don't meet your quota as a beauty now."

"Not a chance. Your clumsiness actually makes you cuter." At that he pauses and gives a smoldering look that makes my heart skip a beat. "It should be a crime to be as beautiful as you." The cheesiness pulled me out of my sudden unease and a small smile creeped onto my face.

"Wow, did Miss. Armel smile? Because of ME? I feel honored," and he bowed dramatically which elicited a eye roll from me.

"Stop it, you're embarrassing yourself," I say, feeling at completely at comfortable. He gives one his signature sunny smiles that I've now become accustomed to, and I mentally scold myself for worrying over nothing.

"Oh yeah," I remembered, pulling out the navy sweater he lent me. "Freshly laundered and free of the fanta smell. Thank you for this and... For protecting me." I looked at him with sincere gratitude reflected in my eyes.

"Oh, its no big deal. Thanks." His relaxed smile was replaced with an unreadable expression, as he took the sweater.

"Your nose seems to be fine. I thought I heard it broke. And all that blood! My goodness," I say, feeling nauseous as I recalled the memory.

He laughed sardonically. "Yeah, I'm fine. Nothing fractured. He, on the other hand, is whole another story. He hasnt been to school for awhile. I think I went too far.

"But I'm touched by your concern. It sounds almost like you care."

"Yeah, well, if someone gets involved in my own problems and ends up hurt, of course I'd be kinda worried. I'm not that heartless."

"I wouldn't hesitate to be your valiant knight, Miss. Armel," returning to his joking demeanor.

"You're a dork, you know that Tai?"

"Every lady needs her knight."

I rolled my eyes at his antics. "I'm sure knights have more maturity in them."

"But being mature all the time is no fun," he says winking at me and grinning foolishly. "But what about you? Are you ok? You haven't been to school either, right? Unless you have been ignoring me like you tried to awhile ago"

My eyes widened in shock and I felt my face heat with embarrassment. "I did not see you this morning-"

"Don't lie, I even saw you smile at me," he said with a mischievous look in his eyes. "You look prettier when you smile."

I blush again and turn away, feeling like a kid caught attempting to steal a cookie from a jar.

"Not denying it eh?" he chuckles at my embarrassment, causing me to turn a shade redder.

"Shut up," I snap. What is it about him that makes me so flustered? I stalk off to my locker, and, not surprisingly, he follows.

"Angry?" His voice is alight with humor, and it pisses me off,

I continue walking ignoring him.

"Oh loosen up woman. Just cause I caught you doesn't mean you gotta give me the silent treatment." I reach my locker and continue to ignore him as I opened the lock. "And besides, I forgive you."

I pause at this, and turn to give a frosty glare. "Forgive? Did I ask for your forgiveness?"

"Chill, I'm kidding," he says and lightly taps my shoulder in a mock punch, and squinted my eyes in anger.

This cheeky little...

"But seriously, why'd you faint? I wanted to stay with you in the hospital, but I had some stuff to handle back at home. I was really worried."

My glare softened, and I felt warm inside. "The hospital? You came...?"

"Yeah, right afterschool. I met this nice blonde lady in your room. Your aunt? Mom maybe?"

I smiled at the word mom. She might as well be

"No, Janelle is my m..." I stopped, catching myself in almost letting the cat outta the bag.

"Mom?" He inquired, curious about my hesitation.

"A friend," I answer, voice clipped. He has a strange effect on me and I really don't like it. Hell, I almost revealed Janelle as my manager. I mean, I could say she is a manager at some restaurant I work at, but he'd probably start questioning as to why I'm working in the first place. Everyone in this school has some sort of influential background and working some middle class job is unheard of.

"Oh," he replied, not prying any further. For once he finally seemed to have taken a hint. I gathered the books I'd need for my Spanish class, which was what I had first, and shut my locker.

"See you around Tai," I say, and turned to begin my search for Maci and Luca.

"Wait a minute."

How annoying. I turned to face him, attempting to keep the annoyance from showing on my face. “Now what?”

“Busy afterschool?”

“Er… not really,” I slowly mutter, processing what was going on. He can’t possibly…

“Cool, so you don’t mind going out to grab coffee with me…?” He looked at me expectantly, eyes pleading for a yes.

“Sure,” I say without missing a beat. And when I realized what he asked, I mentally kicked myself off a cliff.

COFFEE? NIKKI, YOU IDIOT, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?

Tai fistpumps into the air and has a Cheshire cat worthy grin on his face. “Damn straight. Who is luckiest guy in this world? Taichi Lee!”

His enthusiasm was infectious and I couldn’t help but roll my eyes in amusement. As cliché as it was, maybe a little coffee couldn’t hurt. Then again…

“I forgot… I don’t like coffee.”

“That’s just details. It’s the date aspect that matters,” he smugly says, with a victorious air.

“…” Oh boy…

2. I really really love this!!! XD UPDATE :D

3. UPDATEEEE