Salience

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by -LxA_Adieva-, Sep 24, 2012.

1. The cold brisk air bites into my skin as blindly run among the towering, dark trees that seem to laugh at every step.

“It isn’t fair,” I repeat in my mind over and over like a mantra. I feel the painful constricting of my throat and the stinging of unfamiliar tears, but I hold it in, refusing to let the emotions overcome me. That is till I unintentionally come across the cliff… his cliff… OUR cliff. Everything is just as pure and beautiful as it always was left unchanged, with the soft grass layering the surface and the salty waves crashing down below.

My legs cave in under me, probably with all the weight bottled up deep inside my chest. I look at the moon, wishing for time to reverse itself. The hot tears fall fast now, streaming down my face in guilty streaks, letting foreign emotions consume me yet again.

There aren’t words to describe exactly how it all happened or why, but I do know it ended just as quickly as it started. He moved me, changed me, saved me… he was my angel.

“Tai… I love you…” I finally whisper out for the first time. But it was too late and I could only hope that heaven has ears, if it truly exists.

2. So... How is it so far?

3. Don't feel like no one's reading it, dear. I really like it so far!

4. Thanx though now that I read it I get a an elementary feel about it >_>' oh well I'll try to take it up a notch.. Maybe

5. Is this a one shot?

6. AMAZING. I LOVE the description. Continue, please!

7. No... It isn't a one shot, do not fret And I'm glad I actually have readers:')

Anywho, here is my update There will be two today to celebrate my homework-less day and on getting things started:) Please Enjoyyy!~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Chapter 1~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Before we take a step into the future, we must learn from the past."

1 Year Ago...

“Iki….ikita…NIKITA!” I jolt awake to the vibration of fist slamming down in front of me and I look up to meet the beady eyes of a very angry old woman. “You miss my class for 2 weeks, and you dare fall asleep in MY class? Detention today afterschool.” And with that, my ancient AP Literature teacher, Ms. Harvey, turns on her too high heels and haphazardly click-clacks back to the front.

****… and I have a meeting with the director afterschool. Whatever, the worst they can do is suspend me if I don’t show up to that damn detention.

“Serves that bitch right,” whispers a bratty blonde-headed chick named Zoey.

Her equally annoying friend, Lisa, snickers. “I know, she is so full of it. And what’s up with that gaudy appearance? So tactless.” And they continue on like this, bashing me... all while sitting behind me.

Of course, they weren’t trying to cover it up as I was clearly in earshot. No, it was the typical teenage drama crap that I try to keep away from. I go to a private school that goes from K-12… and, unfortunately, there is no scarcity of the typical rich snobs like those two. Apparently, I ‘stole’ Zoey’s boyfriend, John… something. He was a football player… or was it lacrosse?

Nevermind, the point is, he tried getting my number and I rejected him, as I had nothing to do with him. Unfortunately, the idiot had the bright idea to spread the rumor that we hooked up. Problem? He forgot that he had a godamn girlfriend. But maybe he isn’t as much as a fool, as I’m the one got blamed for whoring around, while he remained unscathed. Despite being in the past, people, like her, love keeping grudges. Like I said, stupid teenage drama.

But it doesn’t faze me as they have nothing that I can benefit from. There are just random people to the backdrop of my life, nothing more.

Damn… my head feels like its about to explode. My eyes struggle to stay open, as I think about the meeting with the director for later afterschool. Samuel Hagan, the director and owner of the prestigious modeling agency, MMA. I wonder what sort of man he’ll be like, as it’ll be my first time meeting him.

No, I’m not seeking a job if that’s what you’re wondering. I actually happen to be a model there, one of there best models in fact. Not my own words, but why deny it?

I started modeling at the age of 15, scouted by one of my father’s friends and my now manager, Janelle Ventura. She saw talent in me and I, having nothing better to do, agreed to model for fun. Now, at the age of 17, I’ve established myself as I prominent figure, working my way towards the next step of becoming a world renowned supermodel. MMA scouted me just a month ago and I accepted. MMA is legendary in modeling world, and working with them almost guarantees fame and success. However, I guess I exceeded their expectations, being bombarded with constant job offers and interviews, which, I assume, explains the director’s interest in me.

“The dynamic character, Hamlet succeeds in getting his revenge when…” Ms. Harvey drones on about the Shakespearian novel, and I look out the window to watch the droplets from the rain run down the glass.

People like to ask me what I believe has led to my success at such a young age. Is it luck? Looks? Thing is, I don’t believe in luck, hope, destiny or any of that garbage. They’re just entities the average ignorant person clings to in order to attain a false sense of security in life. My appearance is undeniably better than average, as conceited as it may sound. Currently 5’9”, with the coveted measurements of 34C-24-34, I have the sun-kissed skin look with natural, long soft black curls. My eyes are usually described as piercing jade colored with flecks of gold and full long lashes. As gorgeous I may sound, I’m but one in a million of other pretty faces each with their own set of beauty, maybe even similar build as me, so no, that isn’t completely it.

It usually boils down to the personality and charisma. And this is what I find to be mind-boggling. The models around me who succeed have this passion that burns like fire and it evident within them. They’d do anything and everything to achieve their dreams, and all are bold and outspoken women. (No, model’s aren’t all busty, easy, airheads… some of us are actually pretty ambitious.) But, I am definitely not the same. While other girls really like what they do, or model for the fame and fortune, I model to appease my boredom. Models attempt to reach the top and conquer everyone for the glory and satisfaction of achieving their goals. I try to reach the top treating it as another videogame…

“RINGGGGG!” The bell pulls me from my thoughts and I slowly lift my head and pack my things. Students around me are already exiting the class, and I look to check if there is homework on the board, though I probably won't have time to do it tonight anyways. I stand to leave, and see Ms.Harvey giving me scornful look. Stupid old hag.

8. Hehe...Please forgive any spelling/ grammar/ weird issues^^' I'm learning as I go

Feel free to critique

~~~~~~~Chapter 2~~~~~~~

I leave the god forsaken classroom and join the throng of high schoolers walking to their lockers or to their lunch spots.

“Nikki Armel? Is that you, darlinggg! Nikki!” I breathe in a deep sigh and turn to face Maci Jones, a petite girl, bouncing her way towards me with a bright smile and pulling me into a tight squeeze of a hug. “I’ve missed you so much! You’ve missed a lot of things you know. I’ve gotten the main role for West Side Story. There is this new kid and he is absolutely gorgeous… Oh? Your hair seems lighter! So pretty, did you go down south for a photoshoot or…” The guy behind her, Luca Pierre, clamps her mouth shut.

“Quit your blabbering woman. You’re giving us both a headache… Yo Nikki Girl, what’s good in the hood?” Maci and I simultaneously rolled our eyes at the blue-eyed Lebanese and French mixed boy.

“Nice to see you Maci,” I flash her a smile. “Luca,” I say deadpan, nodding.

“Oh come on, at least I don’t go running my mouth like there’s no tomorrow!” He dramatically sighs as Maci giggles.

These two are my closest friends, despite the stark difference in personalities. Maci, at 5’1”, is a bubbly and optimistic girl who loves to talk, a polar opposite of me. But we’ve been friends since as long as I can remember, meeting in Pre-K. Our friendship started with the two similarities we shared back then, our love for the Powerpuff girls, and our hate for spinach. Maci hasn’t changed much since then, and I do love her fresh optimistic views toward life now and then.

We met Luca in middle school, his joking and friendly nature capturing Maci’s heart. Eventually, she abandoned trying to make him her boyfriend but thorough her antics, the three of us grew close.

“But, Miss. Salience, what have you been doing these past few weeks?” I raise my eyebrows at the title given to me recently, due to my rising popularity. It meant prominent, striking… a name that captures the attention.

“I had a photoshoot in Hawaii. Just came back this morning. I’m still tired and I actually fell asleep in that hag’s class,” I answered.

Maci gave me a pitying look, “That really sucks… but she doesn’t understand you so you can’t blame her.”

Luca laughed, “Oh hush up Sunshine. Ms.Harvey is a devil in disguise and you know it.”

“Guys, I really have to go and talk to the guidance couseler for my college stuff, catch you later!”

“NO! Don’t leave me with this idiot!!” Maci acts horrified and despaired, much too Luca’s chagrin.

“Be honored pipsqueak,” Luca reltiates and with that I leave them to their childish banter.

I weave my way around the crowd and, as I turn the corner, I hear someone scream “Watch Out!” as a tall, well-built pretty boy came barreling into me, knocking me over and spilling ice cold soda, that looked liked Fanta, all over my white shirt uniform shirt.

And I actually ironed it for once…

9. This chick (me) ain't got nothing better to do with her life... So here's another UPDATE

~~~~~~~~~~~3~~~~~~~~~~~

With a deep sigh, I looked up to angrily stare down my assailant, letting the the annoyance show visibly on my face. Luckily the crowd had thinned so there was little people to witness my embarrassment.

"Instead of standing there like a foo..." I stopped when when I found him staring past me, looking a helluva frightened. "Are you ok?"

He blinked once, finally noticing me, and the fear I saw was immediately replaced with a look of the all too familiar cockiness I see plastered on the faces of these private school brats. "Sorry love, I didn't see you there," he said flashing a brilliant smile.

What the... The guy did a total 180 in attitude and I began to think I may have just imagined it. No, that fear was definitely genuine... Raw cold fear that chilled even me to my bones. But I didn't want to delve into the matter anymore than necessary. "Maybe you should get your eyes checked. Running around like a madman isn't all too hot," I say dropping the initial concern, as I gather the books and papers strewn across the hallway.

"Oh?" He bent down and to gather his own clutter while give me a once-over. "A gorgeous girl like you calling me unsexy breaks my heart," he said giving me a feigned hurt expression.

"Really? Well if your heart has indeed broken then you should be dead."

He paused... And burst out laughing in such an exuberant way that it cause people to turn. "That's the the first time I've ever been told that! A gorgeous and witty girl... I like," he gazed at me, soft hazel eyes twinkling in amusement.

His sweet talk was starting to annoy me, and I frostily glared at him. Who the heck is this kid? I've never seen him. 6'2" with sandy brown hair and and a little tan going. He looks well built too... A surfer perhaps? I sized him up as a typical wannabe player as he acted and looked like one. How annoying. I thought as I got up to leave. I didn't have time to fool around with idiots.

"Hey wait... My name is Tai," he said getting up as well and following me. "I haven't seen you around, are you a transferee like me?"

Oh, so this is the new kid Maci mentioned. I marched on blatantly ignoring him.

"You know, it's common courtesy to introduce oneself. And to not ignore others," he said matching my pace.

"It's common courtesy to not knock over people and stain their shirts," I shot back.

"Woah mamacita, chill out there. Don't get mad, I was only teasing you," he chuckled, clearly enjoying himself.

"Excuse me, but don't you anything better to than stalk random people?"

"Not stalking, getting acquainted."

"You're annoying."

"And you're sexy."

I groaned at the juvenile conversation I was actually putting up with. What is wrong with him? Did he not understand that I clearly do not like him?

"Hey, your bra is showing," he smirked, "And I must say, lace does looks nice on you."

I look down and true to his words, saw that my bra was indeed showing through my thin white button down now drenched in orange fanta. I wonder if Maci has an extra shirt... Oh whatever, maybe I'll wait till tomorrow to talk to that counselor. Not like college deadlines are tomorrow. Ugh, but now I need to go home and take a shower for the meeting... Will I have time? Gotta make a quick call to Janelle...

"Hey pretty lady? Did you not hear me? I can see your BRA," Tai inquired interrupted my thoughts. A curious look crossed his face as he waited for a reaction.

I raised my eyebrows, amused. "Yeah, what of it?"

"Shouldn't you be all embarrassed or something... Or at least trying to cover yourself up?"

I laughed at this and he his cheeks slightly blushed. "Hey, isn't this like a bathing suit though?" I say, boldly looking into his eyes and flashing the smile I reserve for in front the cameras. Hey, I'm a model, a model who just came back from a bathing suit photo shoot at the island of Fiji, so of course this doesn't bother me one bit. But I'm sure he, like most of the kids and faculty here at Evermore Private School, are clueless.

With a serious expression, He pulled off his navy sweater and threw it on me, much to my surprise. "Not the same thing. Honestly, I don't know what to make of you... But you're interesting." And with that he turned and swiftly walked away towards the cafeteria.

Likewise Tai. Maybe he isn't so bad a person after all.

10. Good update!

11. Hawaii* not Fiji....

Same difference 

12. 13 Posts... how unlucky gotta change that...

Lol but thank you very much

13. Y'all have no idea how much I wanna switch POV... But I won't cause it's just gonna get too complicated for my newbish soul... Alas woe is me

I'm aware of the many spelling/spelling/wtf? mistakes I make... And I wanna blame autocorrect (ok, I admit, I hate proofreading>_<")

Now, nonsense aside, here is another update... Productive Procrastination at its finest(': Please enjoy and critique

~~~~~~~~~~~~4~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the remainder of lunch, I spent my time tracking down Maci and Luca, without much luck. I get Detention... Trash my shirt... Can't find those two... And I even leave my cell at home so I can't even contact them, much less Janelle... day just keeps getting better and better...

Suddenly, I was pulled into a hug and it took all my self control to not lash out. If there is one thing I hate, it is to be hugged by strangers. Only Maci could hug me, and even I didn't like that all too much, but it was tolerable. I pulled away and when I saw who it was, I wish I hadn't restrained myself.

"Hey babe, missed me?" It was that asshole, John. His two friends snikcered behind him, and he seemed to puff with pride.

How pitiful. "Do me a favor? Stop wasting my time and leave me alone."

He became visibly angry at being put down , especially, I guess, since his friends were around. "Don't be so cocky, B****. You ain't anything special."

"I'm not the one acting all desperate here. Listen, I'll put this in any away even an idiot like you can understand: I. Don't. Like. You. So quit acting all friendly with me, and get the hell away from me. It's sad and disgusting." When will he ever learn?

His friends were now laughing at him and boy did that rile him up. "Fuck you! You're a little tramp and you know it. You think you're worth something? No your just a fucking piece of shit. You..."

I tuned out of the nonsense, and spotted Maci coming out the doors with Luca from the corner of my eye. Call it best friend intuition I guess. "MACI!" I shouted across the yard. She turned to locate the voice and when she saw me she started to smilebut she shifted to a look full of fear. Luca looked equally panicked and scared and broke out into sprint toward me.
    What'd I do...?

I finally understood a little late as to what was going on, until I saw John hand coming down at me at full force. "Don't fuck with me, pay attention when someone is talking to you, you worthless cunt." I made an attempt to duck from the impact, but found myself being pushed aside and falling to the ground for the second time that day.

Soft, gentle hands pulled me up, and saw Luca, grim-faced but relieved. Maci was soon by his side, pulling me into tight hug, tears in her eyes. "Idiot! He almost hit you! God I'm glad your safe!"

"I..." I started, but didn't get to finish as I heard a loud sickening *CRUNCH* My stomach twisted into knots and I turned to see John pulling his fist from Tai's nose.

Tai...? What the hell was he doing here? Then, I saw the blood streaming down his nose like a bloody waterfall and felt bile rise up my throat. "Fuck.." I muttered under my breath.

Tai's eyes were terrifying slits full of fury, but, instead of lashing out, he remained calm, and cupped his nose to staunch the flow of blood.

"Get outta my way, I need to talk to that bitch," John growled, glaring at me as he spoke.

"Like hell you will. I suggest you leave now, and we'll call it a day. Trust me, you do not want to make angry." when he said the last sentence, I could feel the venom injected into his words and I felt I shiver run down my spine. He wasn't messing around.

"You think I'm gonna take orders from you? Man look at yourself, your a bloody weak mess. Fuck off and..." but he didn't get to finish as Tai swiftly kneed him in a place where the sun doesn't shine and elbowed him in the back which produced several loud cracks of bones snapping. He coughed and fell to the ground rolling in pain, while Tai looked down upon him mercilessly.

"What was that again...?" Tai face was caked with blood but it simply made him look more frightening. A hush fell over the crowd I now noticed and everyone was awestruck, as was I. Within seconds, Tai had taken down this hefty guy with little effort. Of course he may have a broken nose, but he didn't seem to be in pain.
    Just as i was about to go over to Tai, I felt heaviness consume my body as of lead was being poured on me. The world began to swim in my vision, and I clung onto someone... Maci perhaps? Then suddenly I blacked out.

----------------------------------------------

I could smell the strong scent of disinfectant and hear the consistent beeps of a heart monitor. The hospital...? I thought, then it slowly came back to me. John.. The fight... Tai! But did I faint? That's odd... I wasn't that tired, maybe it was the shock.

I hear the door click open and a heard woman ask," Is she awake yet?" it was Janelle and horror washed over as I remembered the meeting!

"No... The doctor said she might've fainted from fatigue. Though he wasn't all to sure," replied Luca, sounding extremely worn out. "Don't look too worried, he said it was nothing. Did you tell Mr. Armel?"

"Oh, ok that's reassuring. And I did try calling Dylan, but he was at a meeting," explained Janelle, sighing. I wasn't surprised that my dad didn't know. He is always traveling out of town for business purposes and sometimes I'd go months without seeing him. He has always been like that, for as long as I can remember, apparently ever since my mom died when I was 3.

I can't recall the time when she actually died or anything about her really, as I was too little. But I do remember my dad drinking to drown his despair, crying endlessly. Maybe it was the night he found out, I don't exactly remember, but I know that focusing on taking care of his company was what has helped him cope all these years. I don't think he had ever truly recovered.

I groggily open my eyes, and find the white ceiling looking down at me as I blink to allow my eyes adjust to the harsh fluorescent light. I sat up and saw Luca and Janelle standing sitting at the couches with Maci fast asleep.

"Honey! You're awake! How are you feeling?" chirped my manager, dressed in a gray work suit.. Luca came to my side and saw just how tired he was. His still had his school uniform on but it was all rumpled.

"I'm fine... What time is it? Did I miss it?" I inquired. I did not want this to be a setback to my work.

"It's 8:20pm... But Mr.Hagen has agreed to move the meeting to tomorrow," announced Janelle.

"Instead of thinking of work, maybe you should get some rest and relax?" suggested Luca in disbelief. "You fainted... For god knows what reason. Take better care of yourself!"

Janelle and I exchanged an amused look, enjoying how Luca was playing the mother role.

"Yes mom!" I replied as sweetly as possible, and he lightly tapped me on the shoulder.

Seeming as if she forgot something, Janelle quickly made way to the door."I'm gonna go track down a doctor and I'll give my husband a quick call,be right back!"

"Probably forgot to pick up her kids," I reasoned and Luca chuckled. "So... How is Tai?"

Luca gave me a strange look, and replied, "He's fine, his nose wasn't even fractured... But tell me, how do you know him?"

I didn't know why he was being so strange about it but I didn't question and told all about the Fanta mishap. Luca listened and asked, "Is that all?"

"Pretty much... Why?" I was beginning to sense that there was something off.

"Well... It's just that what happened today was absolutely unexpected. He just transferred in the day after you left for you photo shoot. Tai was an immediate hit with the girls, especially blondie over there," he said nodding at Maci. "Not to mention his dad is the CEO of some big entertainment corporation. But I guess he didn't want anything to do with all the girls, so the mad obsession kinda died down. He's an all around funny and chill guy but he usually kept his nose out of people's business, so I was just wondering."

"Are you implying something?"

"I'm just saying...you know Jacob? Him and Leo got into a fight last week and he was there but he didn't lift a finger."

"Well he did meet me beforehand..."

"Him and Leo are we're pretty close."

"I'm a girl?" I mean that's logical. Nobody likes a woman beater.

"He basically ran across the courtyard to save your ass... The most effort I've seen him put."

"He was feeling a boost of energy...?" I tried reasoning. I didn't like where this was going.

"..."

"Tai likes her," came a small voice that startled me and Luca. It was Maci. "He asked about you on the first day you know."

"Well he showed John his place so I like him. Go for it Nikki!! Use that feminine charm."

"And don't worry, I moved on to Leo. He is too cute!"

"..." Luca rolled his eyes and I shook my head in amazement.

I checked out later that night, and, as Luca drove me home with Maci and him chattering along the way, I thought about what would've happened if Tai didn't protect me. Heck... Nobody hadn't asked, but the cause of this fight was me and my loud mouth. He got hurt because of me.... Was he really ok? I felt guilt creep over me and I remained silent for the remainder of the ride home.

14. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~5~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day I skipped school, not wanting to risk another mishap that'd cause me to miss the meeting with Mr.Hagen. Yesterday was absolutely unprofessional, and I vowed to never allow it occur again. And its a plus that I wouldn't have to explain myself nor face Tai.

I patiently waited to be called on in the waiting room as Janelle flipped through an old edition of Vogue. It was a pristine area, painted a soothing shade of blue. The wall behind was a large fish tank filled with all sorts fish swimming around. The receptionist was busy tapping away on her computer with her too long nails and it was wonder how she typed so fast. There were other people, whom i presume to be models based on their looks, waiting as well. Some had portfolios out, nervously flipping through it and trying to maintain their cool.

A stylish lady came into the room with a clipboard, scanning the room and looking at her list. "Nikki Armel? Mr.Hagen is ready for you." I nodded and both Janelle and I followed her down the corridor. The woman's hair was done up in a tight bun and she had on black off the shoulder dress that seemed to hug her figure. She maintained a serious expression and didnt speak as she led the way, walking in a graceful yet swift manner. She could almost easily pass for a model.

Now that I think about it, all of his staff were gorgeous and were all woman. I haven't spotted a single male soul in this building do far...

As the double doors opened, I was struck by the beauty of the room. There was a oak and navy color scheme in the immense room that gave off a high class feel. Photos of various notable models lined the room and there was a huge window that looked down upon the busy streets of New York.

The secretary went to stand by a large oak desk where a average looking man sat, feet propped on the desk. He had on an expensive grey pinstriped suit which I suspected was Armani.

"Hello ladies... Please feel free to take a seat," he gestured to the two chairs in front of his desk. Hid laidback and carefree attitude took me by surprise and I followed Janelle to the seats.
    So this is the all powerful director... Interesting. I expected a more stoic and business-like man, yet this man was the complete opposite.

"Pleased to meet you, I'm Janelle Ventura, and this is..."

"Oh I know who she is," Mr.Hagen interrupted. "Tell me Nikki Armel, why do you model?"

I sighed internally preparing to spout out the glamorized lie I use for the public till he added. "And please spare me the bullshit." His eyes were cold and calculating and I realized he really was a competent man.

"I model because I want to," I state, looking at him straight in the eye. Janelle looked at me wide-eyed, as I didn't go with the rehearsed answer.

Mr. Hagen stared at me for a bit, and broke out to a ear-splitting laughter. "You really are worthy of the Salience title. A rare personality and beauty to match. Your recent work at Hawaii has been quite the talk in our company lately," he continued, looking at me with a sort of pride. His gaze moves over me, taking in my faded blue ripped jeans and white tank top and blue tee.

"I'm flattered," I say relaxing as I've seemed to gain his acceptance. "Of course doing something I love his hard class with work."

"Love? What do you know about love, honey? Wasn't that Minx Winter Shoot in Moscow one of your worst project?" I felt my cheeks burn with embarrassment at the memory.

It was just last year, and the theme was of Magic Love. I had to act all cozy and in love yet the feelings never reached my eyes, and I fooled no photographer. I ended up having to sit out. The one and only biggest blow to my otherwise flawless career.

"That sort of girly shoot isn't my thing anyway," I tried to play off trying to sound nonchalant about it.

"So what is it that you called us here for?" cut in Janelle, looking calm and collected. She was in total business mode and I was glad to have her by my side.

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to personally greet my mega star model. And offer her a nice project perhaps?" His eyes glinted with mischievously and he lean towards me. "That is, she can handle it."

I narrow my eyes, not sure how I felt about his words.

"I'd be glad to her out your proposition," Janelle carefully said, fixing her eyes on Mr.Hagen.

"I'm collaborating with a with Saiyen Lee...you know, that director?" My eyes widened at the name. Anyone would recognize the number one director in Hollywood. He has been creating hits after hits and he's a known legend in the entertainment world. Mr.Hagen smiled, pleased with my reaction. "Well, he is interested in casting you as a major supporting role in his new upcoming film. Shooting begins in spring. Still interested?"

"Wait... You want her to act? For some major motion picture...?" Janelle lift her brow, apparently not buying the idea.

"Who else better to play the part then out lovely jewel?"

As exciting as the offer sounded, I was also skeptical myself. "What's the genre?"

"Romance." I blanched and swallowed hard, averting my gaze. Shit... "You don't have to take up the offer... It's not mandatory." He said measuredly... As if testing to see my limits.

"Yeah... I'm not sure if-"

"I'll do it." I said it with full conviction. I couldn't back down at a big offer like this... and what's a little romance... I've grown since that shoot with Minx.

Janelle shot me a look as if to say I've gone mad. I don't blame her seeing as I've never had a proper boyfriend. It's not that I lack appeal, nor do I lack confidence. It's just that it simply isn't worth the time to handle all the annoying things getting "involved" brings. "Maybe you should think about it Nikki..."

"No, I want to do this." I gave her a reassuring smile and glanced at Mr. Hagen, who was assessing the both of us nonchalantly while drumming his fingers against the oak table.

"Final answer?"

"I'm in."

"Good, I'll have Sally call you up with the details soon." Mr. Hagen stood up then and me and Janelle followed suit.

"Thank you Mr.Hagen," said Janelle, as she started to walk out.

I was about to thank him too when he says, "Anytime. And Nikki?" He came closer to me and said softly so I could hear, "I suggest you fall in love quick. Or learn how to act it." Janelle didn't notice and I quickly caught up to her, realizing the weight of my decision.

Saiyen Lee could either make or break me. Meaning, if I screwed this up, my entire career could be jeopardized.

"I hope you know what you're doing," sighed Janelle.
    I hoped so too.

15. ._. So I think I'm going to drop this cause there isn't a point in continuing something that no one reads... If someone does want me to continue it, I will but as for now this series is being discontinued adieu

16. Noooo! Don't quit!! It's a very good story, with a little adjustments here and there it can be amazing! :) keep updating please. And post on my wall when you do. :D

17. What??? Noooo!!!!!!!! I've been really busy, and haven't been able to go on for a while, but I still love this. Don't quit!!!!!!!!!