The Wendigos

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by EivorTheWolf-Kissed, May 16, 2019.

1. I've heard of many tales and folklore. From Bigfoot, to Snowmonsters, to Chupacabras, and even Skinwalkers. But what I thought was also folklore, was also real. The Wendigos. This, I saw with my own two eyes and never have I ever thought I'd bare witness to see the birth of this monster. I was in Nebraska to visit old friends that I had met in high school. Luckily, it was sunny outside and it was during the summer so I was glad my friend called up during this time. I'll introduce myself. My name is Jason Bogard and I was learning Law Enforcement.

I met up with 5 old friends: Jared, Lisa, Amber, Mike, and Sarah. We were gonna have a great time in the Nebraskian woods and I figured why not? I never been in the woods before so I guess it'll time to have my cherry be popped. We all spent our time walking and finding a spot to setup camp. We finally did and it was close to sunset. The woods looked really beautiful by that time. I sat next to Sarah, as Jared sat next to Amber, and Mike sat next to Lisa. It was like old times since Middle School. Yeah, we knew each other for that long, now we're just a bunch of dorkly college kids.

By nightfall, we were playing some old school rock n roll music, had some beers, smoked weed, and even sang some songs that we all remembered from high school times. It seemed like it was gonna be a great vacation. It actually felt good to be away from my family back home. My and Sarah even had a long deep talk to where we were about to get "dirty". I already had my tent setup so there was no need to delay what was gonna happen regardless. Yeah, best night of our lives. By dusk, I woke up, left the tent, and did some stretching. I also had to go take a <censor> too so I walked off... Which was a big mistake.

I honestly don't know how far off I walked, especially since I was still tired and sleepy. I took a <censor> at a spot and as soon as I was done, I heard crunching sounds. I quickly looked to my right and started walking ever so slowly towards that sound. It grew louder and louder as I got closer to it. I then, peeked my head around the corner of a tree and saw a body crouched over another body. I couldn't tell what this man was doing, but from the crunching and chewing sounds, it seemed like he was eating someone. I then saw the body's face looking lifeless and I almost ended up puking everywhere. I was about to walk away when I heard the lifeless body talk. I froze in my tracks.

"You were hungry, there's no shame in that," it said. The man jumped away scared and shocked at what he heard and saw. He killed this man because he was hungry? Just how far in the woods were they? "But remember," he said. "Those who eat human flesh in these woods, becomes the Wendigo." The man quickly clenched his stomach and felt nothing but pain. His flesh started to tear apart, his head being in the shape of a mortified deer... It's so hard to explain it. He wasn't human anymore, he was a monster. He let a huge roar and kept devouring the dead body. I tried to back away slowly but I ended up stepping on a stick which made a cracking sound. The Wendigo looked back and started walking my move. "Don't you move, don't you <censor> move," I said to myself. From what I heard, the Wendigo reacts to movement and sounds, so it is blinded and cannot see. I stood there, holding my breath, using every power within me to not <censor> move.

It kept walking towards me then stopped and let out a huge roar right in my face. Then it ran off, further and deeper in the woods. I stood there for another minute and ran my ass back to the campsite. As soon as I got there, everyone was looking at me with the most confused look on their face. "Jason what happened?" Sarah asked. "Nevermind that, we need to get the <censor> out of here right now!" I yelled. Jared came up to me and said, "now hold on Jason. I didn't contact all of us just so we can leave right now." "Look Jared, I get what you're saying but we have to leave right no-" The Wendigo suddenly yelled so loud, everyone stopped in their tracks and looked eastward. "What the hell was that?" Mike asked. I replied, "The Wendigo." Everyone started packing up everything when suddenly, it emegered from the woods. We all stood still.

"Don't move," I whispered loudly enough in hopes everyone heard me. "Don't you <censor> move a muscle." Suddenly, 2 more popped up out of nowhere and was scanning the area for sounds and movement. We were standing for so long, we could feel our knees weaken. I had to quickly think of something. I looked everywhere to see if we could cause a distraction. I found a rock by my foot and I thought if I could throw it, maybe it'll distract them for a little bit. I reached down slowly and picked up the rock and quickly stood back up. When they weren't looking, I quickly threw the rock as high and far as I could and it hit the treefurther south. All 3 of the Wendigos jerked towards the area and all ran towards that tree. In the process, they ran into each other and began fighting one another. We took this as an opportunity to escape. One by one, we each left the campsite just the way it is, and ended up back at the car. Of course, me being captain-save-5-hoes, stayed behind to make sure the wendigos were not looking this way. I started to back away slowly, then turned and ran as fast as I could. I heard one screaming behind me and I could feel it reaching out to me, but one of them grabbed that monster before it got me. I quickly ran into the jeep, got inside, and we all got the hell out of there.

I don't know how the hell we managed to live, but we did. After that day, we never contacted each other again. Of course, me and Sarah kept in contact. I mean, I had to after that night. I told my mother about this, since she's Native American. When I told her, she quickly silenced me and told me to never speak of this with anyone. Of course, I failed to do that because I'm speaking to everyone about this now. However, she had to perform a spell, I guess that's what it is, to protect me from further encounters of creatures. I'm not so sure about any of it, but I do know one thing: I will never go back into those woods again.

2. I noped out after the first sentence and photo summed it up

3. Well, someone better call Dean and Sam.

4. y does this thing so familiar? i swear a movie or something revolved around it

5. k im dumb

7. The first paragraph served as a decent hook; the syntax in the second paragraph started to be bothersome, and by the 3rd I was over it. ?

8. Lmao good thing i didnt waste my time reading all that 

9. Story seems familiar

10. tl;dr it

11. I picked the wrong thing to read before a nap :/

12. Wendigo don't look like that. and lmao at the reference to the "native american" mother. Wendigo is specific to certain ethnicities (from mostly western Canada and American areas near the border).

Either way nice story ig

13. legend about monsters that are basically the same as a quiet place. that’s about it.

14. Bogard is such an ugly last name. Sounds like booger missed with bog (toilet or muddy cess pit/swamp)

15. Wendigo don't look like anything. They're not real. And are those certain ethnicities maybe a subset of "native American" types that the author didn't need to make specific?

16. Don’t forget Until Dawns version of the wendigo

*This is just one version of the Wendigo from the game. They each still carry characteristics from when they were human.

Resting_Grinch_Face likes this.

17. I did get my story mixed up since Wendigo are known to live in cold weather environments. And people who tell folklore tales have various depictions of what the Wendigo looks like. Some describe it as extremely anorexic, due to you being able to see its bones, have human characteristics, or have the head of a stag while having the body of a human. Some also say that the Wendigo has a burial ground where it'll tempt you to do things you'd normally wouldn't do, or it'll make you crave human flesh, turning you into a Wendigo.

So many tales and folklore, Google has many of it online.

Resting_Grinch_Face likes this.
  18. The thing is, Until Dawn has been completely accurate on describing the Wendigo, how it looks and acts. They said, it is more accurate than what movies have depicted them to be.

19. request to move this to fanfic